Windows RT upgrade to Windows 10

Anonymous
2015-01-28T13:00:29+00:00

Hi,

I have recently bought a Lumia 2520 tab that works on Windows RT 8.1.

I wanted to know if this Windows RT can be upgraded to Windows 10. If yes, then it would be really great. Else I will have regret for buying an operating system that has no future.

Hoping for your quick feedback.

Thank you.

Shiva

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-08T16:28:43+00:00

    There is a Surface 3 (not the Pro) but they have switched to an Atom processor and runs x86 Windows not RT

    RT is dead and buried. The product Support Lifecycle page is distinctly uncommunicative

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/gp/lifecycle-windows-rt-faq

    The "as available" can be construed as never, they rarely admit anything negative. If they do nothing i.e. no comparable upgrade they are still within the terms of this statement.

    If, as I suspect is the case, they carefully worded any reference to RT out of the Windows 10 program it would not be an automatic entitlement.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-08T17:13:27+00:00

    Hairyfool, Thank you. Your info and interpretation makes perfect sense to me. As you have said, you'd sort of expect the info to come from Microsoft, but I'm content to know. Bob

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-31T11:24:26+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-26T08:33:14+00:00

    My surface RT has given me more than any Andriod tablet, so even my abandoned RT, still do the job for me.

    The most important for me, is the internet experience, and Explorer does the job like no browser will do on an Android tablet, at least that's my impression.

    But, even I hope for a upgrade to 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-19T08:54:12+00:00

    I wholeheartedly  agree!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments