Windows RT upgrade to Windows 10

Anonymous
2015-01-28T13:00:29+00:00

Hi,

I have recently bought a Lumia 2520 tab that works on Windows RT 8.1.

I wanted to know if this Windows RT can be upgraded to Windows 10. If yes, then it would be really great. Else I will have regret for buying an operating system that has no future.

Hoping for your quick feedback.

Thank you.

Shiva

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-12-13T13:10:31+00:00

    Well Bless Your Hearts HairyFool & A, User y'all are so right. I am disabled and not being a good touch screen user, hosed up my comments.

    This is a Dell Inspiron 11 2in1 3147 that's thirty one forty seven.

    When I got it it had Windows 8.1 RT and the Windows 10 update came through as a WINDOWS UPDATE! I aint lyin'. Now it won't update - choked on the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x 64-based systems (KB3194798) I think around Oct. 18th and now not even Defender will update even through the program.

    The ARM processor is now identified as Intel(R) Pentium(R) N3530 @ 2.166 GHz no longer saying Celeron/Pentium after updates to BIOS and Chipsets.

    This is also a 64 bit system and yes, still has some RT commands - for some reason some people find this impossible. SFC and DISM don't run correctly, Repair and Recovery won't run and I just got it back from repair with these issues not resolved so have a full day with Dell on the phone once again. Bye now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-25T20:12:47+00:00

    No Windows RT device can or never will be able to be upgraded to Windows 10. It is physically impossible

    No Atom based system could ever have been loaded with Windows RT. It is physically impossible.

    A Dell 5147 is not listed by Dell anywhere.

    Confused is the right word.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-25T19:13:44+00:00

    I wanted to know if this Windows RT can be upgraded to Windows 10

    No.

    I have a Dell 5147 2 in 1 and got the Windows 10 as an update. The RT disappeared and after chipset and bios updates from Dell  the Atom disappeared from processor. However the Windows 10 iso or unpacked version will not repair my system and it still has different cmd line programs than full Win 10. I am currently trying to install the big update KB3194798 and have tried all  crazy resolutions to no avail. If the RT wasn't  ready for the full version of Windows 10 then why stick me with it? Why not  offer a version for us that works?

    you are confused.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-25T17:23:32+00:00

    I wanted to know if this Windows RT can be upgraded to Windows 10

    No.

    I have a Dell 5147 2 in 1 and got the Windows 10 as an update. The RT disappeared and after chipset and bios updates from Dell  the Atom disappeared from processor. However the Windows 10 iso or unpacked version will not repair my system and it still has different cmd line programs than full Win 10. I am currently trying to install the big update KB3194798 and have tried all  crazy resolutions to no avail. If the RT wasn't  ready for the full version of Windows 10 then why stick me with it? Why not  offer a version for us that works?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-08-30T20:36:54+00:00

    I wanted to know if this Windows RT can be upgraded to Windows 10

    No.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments