Windows RT upgrade to Windows 10

Anonymous
2015-01-28T13:00:29+00:00

Hi,

I have recently bought a Lumia 2520 tab that works on Windows RT 8.1.

I wanted to know if this Windows RT can be upgraded to Windows 10. If yes, then it would be really great. Else I will have regret for buying an operating system that has no future.

Hoping for your quick feedback.

Thank you.

Shiva

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-20T20:04:25+00:00

    What system are you using?

    I reiterate once again. THERE WILL BE NO UPGRADE OF WINDOWS RT 8.1 TO WINDOWS10.

    At best they stated that SOME of the features that have been incorporated into Windows 10 will be released for Windows RT but what and when has never been detailed, you may find that all that would be has been.

    Article 18581 has the following

    "Microsoft will make software updates, including security updates, available for Windows RT. More information about the Windows RT lifecycle policy will be communicated as it becomes available." The article was reviewed May 2017

    Given that officially support for the original Surface tablet hardware was due to end April 2017 and the two streams are closely integrated we can't expect too much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-25T17:23:32+00:00

    I wanted to know if this Windows RT can be upgraded to Windows 10

    No.

    I have a Dell 5147 2 in 1 and got the Windows 10 as an update. The RT disappeared and after chipset and bios updates from Dell  the Atom disappeared from processor. However the Windows 10 iso or unpacked version will not repair my system and it still has different cmd line programs than full Win 10. I am currently trying to install the big update KB3194798 and have tried all  crazy resolutions to no avail. If the RT wasn't  ready for the full version of Windows 10 then why stick me with it? Why not  offer a version for us that works?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-09T00:10:48+00:00

    Give a refund to everybody that has a 8.1 RT device. I never would have bought a surface 2 had I know this issue. Also a couple of weeks ago I was talking to a microsoft tech and she asked me if I would like to update my surface 10 right then and that was not what my call was about but in the the I did ask about this issue with windows 10 but I did not have the time then but she assured me it could be done.. It just irks me when you bought what you thought was a high tech device (surface 2 8.1 RT)

    only to find it is a dead end and that all those older pcs etc with windows 7 can get the update.

    I think they should swap all the un-updatable devices with something that has a future. I feel I got ripped off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-29T13:19:51+00:00

    thank u very much for the info

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-01-29T13:19:17+00:00

    Thank you very much Shrikar..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments