Microphone auto muting and the levels go down to zero

Anonymous
2014-11-04T03:18:40+00:00

Hello all.

I have come upon a recent issue with my computer. My microphone automutes itself , and the levels go down to zero as well. Even if I manually adjust levels to 100 and unmute it resets and automutes again after a short time ( less than a minute ). I have not updated drivers but I cannot see them being the issue because I had zero issues yesterday why would the problem begin today I did not update or install any new programs. I have tried another mic plugged in through the standard jack and it does the same thing. My mic is a logitech webcam USB. Any suggestions? I cant seem to find any solutions on the web other than the obvious " Oh unmute it" .

I feel this is a windows 7 issue and this is why I have come here.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-13T19:08:30+00:00

Hey, 

I made a video on how to fix this issue. 

You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0

Hope that it helps!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-05T18:42:11+00:00

    Can we please have a fix for windows 7?  I don't have a svchost.exe file in my task manager.  I'm running a Dell computer, if that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-05T18:46:52+00:00

    That solution for svchost didn't work - nothing worked, have to reinstall as I have spend far to much time trying all this solutions to no positive outcome,  sadly while intentions were good, a waste of time, one would think Microsoft would have an answer for their shortcoming, you would think.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-05T20:43:03+00:00

    If you are going to re-install windows, please let me know if this works.  I have a lot of stuff on my computer to move and then move back.  And I don't want to waste anymore time than necessary.  I think I've given up hope of being able to use the mic on this pc again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-05T22:08:56+00:00

    I am not re-installing

    I did the suggested 

    Type taskkill (space) /F (space) /PID(insert the PID number) then hit enter

    You have to do it for everyone on them (PID#)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments