Microphone auto muting and the levels go down to zero

Anonymous
2014-11-04T03:18:40+00:00

Hello all.

I have come upon a recent issue with my computer. My microphone automutes itself , and the levels go down to zero as well. Even if I manually adjust levels to 100 and unmute it resets and automutes again after a short time ( less than a minute ). I have not updated drivers but I cannot see them being the issue because I had zero issues yesterday why would the problem begin today I did not update or install any new programs. I have tried another mic plugged in through the standard jack and it does the same thing. My mic is a logitech webcam USB. Any suggestions? I cant seem to find any solutions on the web other than the obvious " Oh unmute it" .

I feel this is a windows 7 issue and this is why I have come here.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-13T19:08:30+00:00

Hey, 

I made a video on how to fix this issue. 

You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0

Hope that it helps!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-05-10T23:24:38+00:00

    I always love it when I see a reply from one of you so-called "experts". Most of what you people write, my grandmother could do in her sleep. You'd be better off not even writing anything; for it RARELY EVER is the solution. I've been on these forums for quite some time now and NOT ONCE, and I shall repeat, NOT ONCE have I ever gotten an answer. In fact, one of you so-called "experts" didn't even know the difference between "restore down" and minimize", and when the guy tried to pick a fight with me about it, I just basically asked him how he could expect to help me if he didn't even know his mouth from a hole in the ground! So MOST of the time I resort to having to figure things out myself. Thanks to Jesus giving me an ability to solve things. Microsnot (eh-hem, I mean microsoft) certainly isn't going to be of any help in any case.

    Sadly, there are very FEW people any more that even have a lick of sense when it comes to computers. You so-called "experts" have "basic" information, and any time someone has a problem, you're like a five year old who has just learned how to add; trying to tell a calculus professor how to solve an equation. So that's ALL you know how to recommend, and IF it doesn't work, then it "mustn't be a microsoft problem"; or you'll just ignore any future replies on that thread. I know, as I have dealt with you people for quite some time.

    Such a pitiful and sorry lot microsnot (eh-hem, I mean microsoft) has become. 

    May Jesus have mercy on businesses like this for their poor so-called "professionalism's" and "corporate sins".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-21T03:47:36+00:00

    Hello, a little while ago I bought an old (but good) PC from a mate. Windows 10. I have a wireless Logitech gaming headset G933. AT first it was fine, then whilst in Discord I found that at random points my friends couldn't hear me. I would then have to disconnect and reconnect. At first I thought this was Discords fault. It wasn't until after I searched a way to fix the solution that it was my PC that randomly muted my mic. Here's the thing, It's connected and would be working fine, until it would randomly mute itself. When I open "sound" > "Recording" It shows that my mic is connected and set to default. However, when I speak the green bars don't appear. Now I have almost searched every where for a solution, and I found one. I go into Device Manager > Audio inputs and outputs and delete my "Microphone (Logitech G933 Gaming Headset) driver. I then have to restart my PC which I'm sure it then re-installs the driver and everything seems to be fine. A week later the same thing happened, I did the same thing, it worked, the next day is stopped working again. At this point I'm sure its going to continue to happen. Please ANYONE HELP ME!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-07-05T19:16:51+00:00

    Hey TechRaj! Your video was extremely helpful! I cannot thank you enough for being the rock in the hurricane when I had this situation. I've had this issue for quite awhile now, but your video was straight to the point in showing me how to solve this pretty annoying problem. The only really annoying part is that Malewarebytes takes a long time to scan and quarantine threats.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments