Microphone auto muting and the levels go down to zero

Anonymous
2014-11-04T03:18:40+00:00

Hello all.

I have come upon a recent issue with my computer. My microphone automutes itself , and the levels go down to zero as well. Even if I manually adjust levels to 100 and unmute it resets and automutes again after a short time ( less than a minute ). I have not updated drivers but I cannot see them being the issue because I had zero issues yesterday why would the problem begin today I did not update or install any new programs. I have tried another mic plugged in through the standard jack and it does the same thing. My mic is a logitech webcam USB. Any suggestions? I cant seem to find any solutions on the web other than the obvious " Oh unmute it" .

I feel this is a windows 7 issue and this is why I have come here.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-13T19:08:30+00:00

Hey, 

I made a video on how to fix this issue. 

You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0

Hope that it helps!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-20T20:19:22+00:00

    I had the same issue it was caused by 4 Trojans i found with malware-bytes

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-03-16T11:59:20+00:00

    In the end I had to start my computer in safe mode and reset it back to original settings deleting all of my personal files (I didn't have much).  But that finally fixed it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-03-17T02:20:01+00:00

    Hi, thank you for posting the answer, but none of the method works. The issue is "auto-mute", means the level automatically muted itself. In other words, after I adjust the level and set it to default, the level automatically goes to zero. Other methods?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-03-17T06:32:14+00:00

    Hi,

    To further assist you, we would like to ask the following questions:

    • Which operating system are you using?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

    Looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments