Microphone auto muting and the levels go down to zero

Anonymous
2014-11-04T03:18:40+00:00

Hello all.

I have come upon a recent issue with my computer. My microphone automutes itself , and the levels go down to zero as well. Even if I manually adjust levels to 100 and unmute it resets and automutes again after a short time ( less than a minute ). I have not updated drivers but I cannot see them being the issue because I had zero issues yesterday why would the problem begin today I did not update or install any new programs. I have tried another mic plugged in through the standard jack and it does the same thing. My mic is a logitech webcam USB. Any suggestions? I cant seem to find any solutions on the web other than the obvious " Oh unmute it" .

I feel this is a windows 7 issue and this is why I have come here.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-13T19:08:30+00:00

Hey, 

I made a video on how to fix this issue. 

You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0

Hope that it helps!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2017-05-10T23:24:38+00:00

    I always love it when I see a reply from one of you so-called "experts". Most of what you people write, my grandmother could do in her sleep. You'd be better off not even writing anything; for it RARELY EVER is the solution. I've been on these forums for quite some time now and NOT ONCE, and I shall repeat, NOT ONCE have I ever gotten an answer. In fact, one of you so-called "experts" didn't even know the difference between "restore down" and minimize", and when the guy tried to pick a fight with me about it, I just basically asked him how he could expect to help me if he didn't even know his mouth from a hole in the ground! So MOST of the time I resort to having to figure things out myself. Thanks to Jesus giving me an ability to solve things. Microsnot (eh-hem, I mean microsoft) certainly isn't going to be of any help in any case.

    Sadly, there are very FEW people any more that even have a lick of sense when it comes to computers. You so-called "experts" have "basic" information, and any time someone has a problem, you're like a five year old who has just learned how to add; trying to tell a calculus professor how to solve an equation. So that's ALL you know how to recommend, and IF it doesn't work, then it "mustn't be a microsoft problem"; or you'll just ignore any future replies on that thread. I know, as I have dealt with you people for quite some time.

    Such a pitiful and sorry lot microsnot (eh-hem, I mean microsoft) has become. 

    May Jesus have mercy on businesses like this for their poor so-called "professionalism's" and "corporate sins".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-11T04:19:33+00:00

    Hi Mohan,

    Since that you've posted to an old thread, we advise that you create a new thread regarding your concern. It would be helpful if you will include the troubleshooting steps that you've done and more information about the issue.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-11T03:32:50+00:00

    IT doesnt work techRaj... There are like 15 to 20 svchost.exe files and they are recreating while deleting them and sometimes system encountering error and need to restart computer....

    I have tried your process multiple times but no use...

    Is this problem related to laptop or windows 10? I see it in dell audio tab so my version was issue in laptop s/w ...what is your version?

    Thank you in advance

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments