Microphone auto muting and the levels go down to zero

Anonymous
2014-11-04T03:18:40+00:00

Hello all.

I have come upon a recent issue with my computer. My microphone automutes itself , and the levels go down to zero as well. Even if I manually adjust levels to 100 and unmute it resets and automutes again after a short time ( less than a minute ). I have not updated drivers but I cannot see them being the issue because I had zero issues yesterday why would the problem begin today I did not update or install any new programs. I have tried another mic plugged in through the standard jack and it does the same thing. My mic is a logitech webcam USB. Any suggestions? I cant seem to find any solutions on the web other than the obvious " Oh unmute it" .

I feel this is a windows 7 issue and this is why I have come here.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-13T19:08:30+00:00

Hey, 

I made a video on how to fix this issue. 

You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0

Hope that it helps!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-02T03:27:14+00:00

    I do not know if this helps, but I had the same issue, and was unable to start the mentioned program.  After searching, I found the following:

    Found a service called pjukhetjep, search going to pjukhetjep.kzogr pjukhetjep  I disabled the service, restarted, and Malwarebytes started, and found something called rootkit.fileless.mggen which it's about to remove.....

    After a half hour, mic controls working properly.  I realize a bit off topic, but the provided solution did work, and thought that extra info might help somebody in a similar situation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-01T19:38:03+00:00

    I am running windows 10, and it worked perfectly until yesterday when I was forced to apply the latest upgrade.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-01T19:35:59+00:00

    Wish I could finish this process...my trial of the software mentioned expired, and it won't start.  :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-30T21:42:48+00:00

    My friend fixed this problem by going to recording devices selecting the mic selecting properties under advanced and unchecking allow applications to take exclusive control of this device and give exclusive mode application priority and then restarting.

    after you restart the options should be automatically reselected though. was here looking for a solution found none. and they fixed it and decided to help others as seems the people that run it (this web sight) only knows basic troubleshooting information anyone who knows how to turn on a computer knows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments