Microphone auto muting and the levels go down to zero

Anonymous
2014-11-04T03:18:40+00:00

Hello all.

I have come upon a recent issue with my computer. My microphone automutes itself , and the levels go down to zero as well. Even if I manually adjust levels to 100 and unmute it resets and automutes again after a short time ( less than a minute ). I have not updated drivers but I cannot see them being the issue because I had zero issues yesterday why would the problem begin today I did not update or install any new programs. I have tried another mic plugged in through the standard jack and it does the same thing. My mic is a logitech webcam USB. Any suggestions? I cant seem to find any solutions on the web other than the obvious " Oh unmute it" .

I feel this is a windows 7 issue and this is why I have come here.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-13T19:08:30+00:00

Hey, 

I made a video on how to fix this issue. 

You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0

Hope that it helps!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-09T19:35:08+00:00

    Hi JeffBrewer;

    Thanks for your reply.  I've not used the microphone for so many months now, I'll probably continue using "Ok Google" on my smartphone OR just type into the search bar.  I've also had issues with Malwarebytes in the past so I'm kind of leery of using it now.   

    Thanks for your response though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-09T13:27:36+00:00

    Solution--I downloaded "Malwarebytes" ran a scan, it found 6 instances of "rootfit" which is some type of Malware.  It took 10 minutes, quarantined the malware, and problem solved!!  This was killing me, but fixed now !  This was a brand new computer too, only been using it for a month, but somewhere along the line the malware got in my system and McAfee didn't catch it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-09T13:24:27+00:00

    I got it fixed!!  I downloaded "Malwarebytes", ran a scan, it found 6 instances of "rootkit" malware.  Quarantined those, and problem is gone!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-19T23:14:05+00:00

    Tried that works until I shut off computer and then its back.  Don't want to have to go through this every time I log on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments