Hey,
I made a video on how to fix this issue.
You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0
Hope that it helps!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello all.
I have come upon a recent issue with my computer. My microphone automutes itself , and the levels go down to zero as well. Even if I manually adjust levels to 100 and unmute it resets and automutes again after a short time ( less than a minute ). I have not updated drivers but I cannot see them being the issue because I had zero issues yesterday why would the problem begin today I did not update or install any new programs. I have tried another mic plugged in through the standard jack and it does the same thing. My mic is a logitech webcam USB. Any suggestions? I cant seem to find any solutions on the web other than the obvious " Oh unmute it" .
I feel this is a windows 7 issue and this is why I have come here.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hey,
I made a video on how to fix this issue.
You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0
Hope that it helps!
It is still randomly muting and going to zero. I have changed cords and USB slots as well as uninstall/reinstall drivers for audio and mic. Nothing has changed and it still keeps randomly mutin and level goes to zero. I have a Blue Yeti mic.
Hi,
Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community Forums. You have reached the right place. Let us work together to find the root cause of this issue and try resolving it.
This issue may cause due to improper sound settings or incompatible audio drivers.
Follow the steps as below and check if that resolves the issue.
You can also check with following steps:
**Method 1:**Testing for an audio signal
**Method 2:**Check volume levels and mute.
Let us know if you have any issues.