Hey,
I made a video on how to fix this issue.
You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0
Hope that it helps!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello all.
I have come upon a recent issue with my computer. My microphone automutes itself , and the levels go down to zero as well. Even if I manually adjust levels to 100 and unmute it resets and automutes again after a short time ( less than a minute ). I have not updated drivers but I cannot see them being the issue because I had zero issues yesterday why would the problem begin today I did not update or install any new programs. I have tried another mic plugged in through the standard jack and it does the same thing. My mic is a logitech webcam USB. Any suggestions? I cant seem to find any solutions on the web other than the obvious " Oh unmute it" .
I feel this is a windows 7 issue and this is why I have come here.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hey,
I made a video on how to fix this issue.
You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0
Hope that it helps!
In the end I had to start my computer in safe mode and reset it back to original settings deleting all of my personal files (I didn't have much). But that finally fixed it.
I had the same issue it was caused by 4 Trojans i found with malware-bytes
Hi Shawn,
Since this thread has already aged, the best that we can suggest is for you to create a new thread. Make sure to select the correct tags and include the full detail of your concern, so that our community members would be able to assess the issue.
We look forward to your post.
I followed TechRaj's instructions multiple times. Except for installing Malwarebytes anti virus. The same problem keeps coming back regardless of if there is a svchost.exc running under my name. It seems as long as I keep making noise into the microphone after I unmute it I won't be auto muted, but if I stop making noise it will mute me.
I have unchecked allowing devices to control the mic, and set it as the default device.