Hey,
I made a video on how to fix this issue.
You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0
Hope that it helps!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello all.
I have come upon a recent issue with my computer. My microphone automutes itself , and the levels go down to zero as well. Even if I manually adjust levels to 100 and unmute it resets and automutes again after a short time ( less than a minute ). I have not updated drivers but I cannot see them being the issue because I had zero issues yesterday why would the problem begin today I did not update or install any new programs. I have tried another mic plugged in through the standard jack and it does the same thing. My mic is a logitech webcam USB. Any suggestions? I cant seem to find any solutions on the web other than the obvious " Oh unmute it" .
I feel this is a windows 7 issue and this is why I have come here.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hey,
I made a video on how to fix this issue.
You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0
Hope that it helps!
I could not open Malware bytes but I noticed that the mike problem went away when my computer was disconnected from the internet. So I disconnected from the internet and then I could open Malwarebytes program and it fixed the problem.
Now after many weeks I am a happy computer owner.
I didn't even run it in Safe mode. And I now have Malwarebytes and McAfee running. Even since then it has found a "rootkit" malware, and I try to be safe about stuff I am downloading, usually just programs or updates to programs. But it fixed it!
That solution worked or me.
I hear running Malwarebytes with the computer in safe mode will fix the problem . It is a virus.