Microphone auto muting and the levels go down to zero

Anonymous
2014-11-04T03:18:40+00:00

Hello all.

I have come upon a recent issue with my computer. My microphone automutes itself , and the levels go down to zero as well. Even if I manually adjust levels to 100 and unmute it resets and automutes again after a short time ( less than a minute ). I have not updated drivers but I cannot see them being the issue because I had zero issues yesterday why would the problem begin today I did not update or install any new programs. I have tried another mic plugged in through the standard jack and it does the same thing. My mic is a logitech webcam USB. Any suggestions? I cant seem to find any solutions on the web other than the obvious " Oh unmute it" .

I feel this is a windows 7 issue and this is why I have come here.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-13T19:08:30+00:00

Hey, 

I made a video on how to fix this issue. 

You can watch the video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xQMlZEyr0

Hope that it helps!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-05T18:42:11+00:00

    Can we please have a fix for windows 7?  I don't have a svchost.exe file in my task manager.  I'm running a Dell computer, if that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-05T14:04:32+00:00

    Didn't.....any other advice

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-01T00:11:52+00:00

    Your video is for Windows 10.  Dean Guitars above has Windows 7, and so do I.  We need a fix for Windows 7.  I don't have the svchost.exe on Windows 7.  This is a windows issue, and you people need to fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-08-20T20:24:42+00:00

    Your video is for Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments