Windows 7 update keeps installing the same 5 important updates. Can someone help?

Anonymous
2015-04-08T19:26:55+00:00

Sometimes I it says they installed successfully.  sometimes I get error code 9C48, or 0x80070057.   I ran sfc /scannow successfully as admin from dos window and have the CBS.log.  Can someone help?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-10T20:53:56+00:00

    Gerry,

    Thanks for the reply and much appreciated! As for the request for System, Program file and Event logs I pray to hesitate. No disrespect Sir ... it's just kind of like asking a person to allow total strangers to rummage around in your sock drawer (so to speak). The issue arouse with the release of the updates and I am not experiencing any other problems or slow downs. My PC Environment has remained unchanged and

    the only updates are for existing programs or games - of which all have updated after the first release of

    afore mentioned Microsoft updates. It seems to me that the problem exists on Microsoft's end as the problem isn't just with my computer alone.

    If there's something in those logs that you wanted to see I'd be willing to look and report back any info.

    On the system log info everything seemed to be checked okay although there was some Internet Explorer crashes logged in the past. Anyway, I've read that Microsoft is going to abandon Internet Explorer sometime in the near future.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-10T23:50:39+00:00

    "Installed Updates" lists "56 updates installed" at the bottom of its list.   52 of the 56 entries are listed under "Microsoft Office Professional 2010" .  The "Installed On"  dates for all 56 entries only range from 2/21/2014 to  3/12/2015.  Please note:  at one point I did try to Restore this PC to an earlier point in order to attempt to fix this Windows Update problem.

    What are the KB numbers of the updates that were installed on 12 March 2015 according to Installed Updates (not Update History)?

    Are you referring to System Restore or a system recovery?

    Have you ever done a Repair Install or a clean install of Windows since you purchased the computer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-11T19:48:32+00:00

    The KB numbers installed 12 March 2015 listed in Installed Updates:  KB2956128, KB2589352, KB2825635, KB2687455, KB2589298, KB2883019, KB2883100, KB2920748, KB2589386, KB2597087, KB2553140, KB2837602, KB2850016, KB2956076, KB2920813, KB2956205, KB2880971, KB2794737, KB2837601, KB2817369, KB2687423, KB2494150, KB2956142, KB2837587, KB2760631, KB2878281, KB2920812, KB2589375, KB2889839, KB2956139, KB2810073, KB2878283, KB2956207, KB2881071, KB2687275, KB2760601, KB2589352, KB2837602, KB2956205, KB2878281, KB2956164, KB2956203, KB2956075

    CONTROL PANEL>RECOVERY and hit the Open System Restore button.

    No Repair Install or a clean install of Windows since I purchased the computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-11T20:45:08+00:00

    When was Office 2010 installed?

    When was Office 2010 Service Pack 2 installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-11T22:12:19+00:00

    Office Starter 2010 came pre-installed on the computer. 

    I do not know when Office 2010 Service Pack 2 was installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments