Windows 7 update keeps installing the same 5 important updates. Can someone help?

Anonymous
2015-04-08T19:26:55+00:00

Sometimes I it says they installed successfully.  sometimes I get error code 9C48, or 0x80070057.   I ran sfc /scannow successfully as admin from dos window and have the CBS.log.  Can someone help?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-08T22:35:20+00:00

    Thanks aakkam.  I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter under the windows 8 or windows 7 page.  It reported the following, Problem Found:

    Problem installing recent updates / Not Fixed.

    Service registration is missing or corrupt / Fixed

    I will now try running windows update and reply with results.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-08T22:04:14+00:00

    Try running the Windows Update troubleshooter. It will likely solve any issues you're experiencing.

    You can get it from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2714434?wa=wsignin1.0

    Hit the Run Now on the page for Windows 7.

    Let us know if this solves your issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments