Windows 7 update keeps installing the same 5 important updates. Can someone help?

Anonymous
2015-04-08T19:26:55+00:00

Sometimes I it says they installed successfully.  sometimes I get error code 9C48, or 0x80070057.   I ran sfc /scannow successfully as admin from dos window and have the CBS.log.  Can someone help?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-12T12:38:32+00:00

    When I click the Start button:

    -Microsoft Office Starter folder shows up at the top of the Start window but fails to open with "Click-2-Run configuration failure". 

    -Under All Programs, Microsoft Office 2010 is listed but fails with "Problem with Shortcut" "This action only valid for products that are currently installed."

    At some point several years ago, the MS Office 2010 software stopped working.  I tried to get it working again but was never successful.  At that time I stopped trying to use that software and switched to an "Open" software pkg. 

    I don't know why some KBs didn't install when they were released.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-11T22:53:37+00:00

    Is Office Starter 2010 still installed or have you upgraded to, e.g., Office 2010 Standard or Professional?

    • Updates for Office Starter 2010 aren't technically installed via Windows Update nad should not be listed in Installed Updates.

    Office 2010 SP2 = KB2687455, which you just installed. KB2687455 was released in July of 2013. Many of the other (Office) updates you installed on 12 March were released in 2013 & 2014. Why do you think those older updates weren't installed when they were first released?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-11T22:12:19+00:00

    Office Starter 2010 came pre-installed on the computer. 

    I do not know when Office 2010 Service Pack 2 was installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-11T20:45:08+00:00

    When was Office 2010 installed?

    When was Office 2010 Service Pack 2 installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-11T19:48:32+00:00

    The KB numbers installed 12 March 2015 listed in Installed Updates:  KB2956128, KB2589352, KB2825635, KB2687455, KB2589298, KB2883019, KB2883100, KB2920748, KB2589386, KB2597087, KB2553140, KB2837602, KB2850016, KB2956076, KB2920813, KB2956205, KB2880971, KB2794737, KB2837601, KB2817369, KB2687423, KB2494150, KB2956142, KB2837587, KB2760631, KB2878281, KB2920812, KB2589375, KB2889839, KB2956139, KB2810073, KB2878283, KB2956207, KB2881071, KB2687275, KB2760601, KB2589352, KB2837602, KB2956205, KB2878281, KB2956164, KB2956203, KB2956075

    CONTROL PANEL>RECOVERY and hit the Open System Restore button.

    No Repair Install or a clean install of Windows since I purchased the computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments