Windows 7 update keeps installing the same 5 important updates. Can someone help?

Anonymous
2015-04-08T19:26:55+00:00

Sometimes I it says they installed successfully.  sometimes I get error code 9C48, or 0x80070057.   I ran sfc /scannow successfully as admin from dos window and have the CBS.log.  Can someone help?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-19T08:36:00+00:00

    They were KB3004375

                           3001432

                           3021952

                           3032359

                           2871997

    I noticed first in April, that they kept installing themselves successfully, especially the first two.  However, they did not show up in the list of installed Updates.  When I ran Belarc, no updates were missing. When I removed the Windows Update Cleaning (from Disk Cleanup) I had no problem.   Thanks for your interest. Confuseduser

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-18T18:55:55+00:00

    And the KB numbers of the five updates were...?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-18T10:09:27+00:00

    Thanks.  It means that I should really not enable the Windows Update Cleanup options.   By the way, my Windows Updates work fine otherwise.  Only the five updates kept repeating.  The Troubleshooter did not find any problem.   Thanks for your assistance.  Confuseduser

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-17T17:50:52+00:00

    TIP: When you run Disk Cleanup and enable the Windows Update Cleanup option, you will NOT be able to uninstall any updates later, should the need arise.

    Cite:

    • How do I reset Windows Update components?

    http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/971058

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-06-17T07:41:44+00:00

    Hi,  I have solved the problem of getting the same updates all the time, by taking Windows Updates out of the Disk Cleaning Utility.   However, I still found your comments very useful.  Confuseduser

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments