Windows 7 update keeps installing the same 5 important updates. Can someone help?

Anonymous
2015-04-08T19:26:55+00:00

Sometimes I it says they installed successfully.  sometimes I get error code 9C48, or 0x80070057.   I ran sfc /scannow successfully as admin from dos window and have the CBS.log.  Can someone help?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-17T17:50:52+00:00

    TIP: When you run Disk Cleanup and enable the Windows Update Cleanup option, you will NOT be able to uninstall any updates later, should the need arise.

    Cite:

    • How do I reset Windows Update components?

    http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/971058

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-17T07:37:12+00:00

    Thanks, but it did not fix the problem. confuseduser

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-13T19:09:51+00:00

    You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.

    You may obtain Microsoft-sponsored Premium (i.e., paid) Support via the Answer Desk => http://answerdesk.microsoftstore.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-13T14:29:14+00:00

    The service is free here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-13T11:50:57+00:00

    I see this is much more complicated than I anticipated.  At this point I will bring the pc to local repair shop for repair.  Thank you so much for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments