I shall leave you in my colleague Gerry's capable hands, Pvisme. Good luck!
Windows 7 update keeps installing the same 5 important updates. Can someone help?
Sometimes I it says they installed successfully. sometimes I get error code 9C48, or 0x80070057. I ran sfc /scannow successfully as admin from dos window and have the CBS.log. Can someone help?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-04-12T22:55:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-04-12T12:41:06+00:00 Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key (alternative is Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information). Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.
Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your OneDrive and post a link here.
To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window expand Windows Logs and select System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.
For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:
http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm
General notes on Event Viewer
-
Anonymous
2015-04-12T12:38:32+00:00 When I click the Start button:
-Microsoft Office Starter folder shows up at the top of the Start window but fails to open with "Click-2-Run configuration failure".
-Under All Programs, Microsoft Office 2010 is listed but fails with "Problem with Shortcut" "This action only valid for products that are currently installed."
At some point several years ago, the MS Office 2010 software stopped working. I tried to get it working again but was never successful. At that time I stopped trying to use that software and switched to an "Open" software pkg.
I don't know why some KBs didn't install when they were released.
-
Anonymous
2015-04-11T22:53:37+00:00 Is Office Starter 2010 still installed or have you upgraded to, e.g., Office 2010 Standard or Professional?
- Updates for Office Starter 2010 aren't technically installed via Windows Update nad should not be listed in Installed Updates.
Office 2010 SP2 = KB2687455, which you just installed. KB2687455 was released in July of 2013. Many of the other (Office) updates you installed on 12 March were released in 2013 & 2014. Why do you think those older updates weren't installed when they were first released?
-
Anonymous
2015-04-11T22:12:19+00:00 Office Starter 2010 came pre-installed on the computer.
I do not know when Office 2010 Service Pack 2 was installed?