Windows 7 update keeps installing the same 5 important updates. Can someone help?

Anonymous
2015-04-08T19:26:55+00:00

Sometimes I it says they installed successfully.  sometimes I get error code 9C48, or 0x80070057.   I ran sfc /scannow successfully as admin from dos window and have the CBS.log.  Can someone help?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-09T15:26:46+00:00

    Split from this thread.

    I have the same issue with repeated updates. In the month of March 2015 update notices came every day but three. So far in April there was only one day (April 6) without an update notice. Each time I dutifully downloaded and installed the updates but with many the same update # appeared repeatedly. This can't be right. Why would updates be necessary that frequently? I have tried hiding updates to no avail. Something must be wrong somewhere either on M/S end or in my computer.  I find a previous solution suggested is waaaay too long and complicated with no guarantees that it will fix the problem. Is there any way I can actually talk (by phone) to a M/S technician who can fix the problem remotely with me? This problem is driving me kookoo --- taking too long to download updates, taking up my hard drive space, slowing down computer performance, etc.!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-09T00:40:12+00:00

    important (5)  windows 7 

    KB2871997

    KB3004375

    KB3031432

    KB3033929

    KB3035131

    optional (2)

    Microsoft essentials KB2310138

    Windows 7 Internet explorer 11 for windows 7 for x64-based systems

    My current IE is IE 11 / Version 11.0.9600.1728CO with update KB2977629

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-09T00:25:40+00:00

    What are the KB numbers of the five updates?

    Is Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), IE9, IE10 or IE11 installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-08T23:03:05+00:00

    Hi aakkam,  Windows installed the updates successfully.  I restarted the pc.  Windows reported it was installing 1 of 5 updates before powering off.  It restarted and once the system was up windows update again found the same 5 important updates and 2 optional updates for my computer.  This is typical of what I have been seeing. (FYI -  I ran the windows 7 Windows Update Troubleshooter several times previously to fix this problem but it did not help then either).

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-08T22:35:20+00:00

    Thanks aakkam.  I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter under the windows 8 or windows 7 page.  It reported the following, Problem Found:

    Problem installing recent updates / Not Fixed.

    Service registration is missing or corrupt / Fixed

    I will now try running windows update and reply with results.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments