bsod kernal power failure bugcheck code 159

Anonymous
2015-05-16T16:40:34+00:00

Hope someone can help caught a blue screen this morning . I have a ASUS laptop Model g73jw.  this is the info from the crash Can Someone Please help

MIke

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date:          5/16/2015 10:03:18 AM

Event ID:      41

Task Category: (63)

Level:         Critical

Keywords:      (2)

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      mikes-pc

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

< Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

    <EventID>41</EventID>

    <Version>2</Version>

    <Level>1</Level>

    <Task>63</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-05-16T15:03:18.836807600Z" />

    <EventRecordID>419399</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>mikes-pc</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">159</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x3</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffffa800bfafa00</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff80000b9a518</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xfffffa80105cd3d0</Data>

    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

  </EventData>

< /Event>

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-07-13T11:02:56+00:00

Mike

Logitech M510 – Do you have the latest drivers?

http://support.logitech.com/product/wireless-mouse-m510#download

Testing to see if the Event 17 warnings stop may take a time judging by the frequency in which they are reported. Otherwise I think all that should be done is to wait and see if another blue screen error occurs. I do not think that reinstalling Windows is justified.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-17T02:20:07+00:00

    I could not find the dump file for 6/15 I suspect it was never created. I can run the verifier again if you want me to. not too sure how I created the link it must have been from the day before.

    uploaded all of the dump files (30days) from the path you instructed me to. I don't think I restored since that time I did restore around the end of April early May I just cant remember when

    if one comes up asdsm.sys as the problem I changed it to asdsm.old in order to get the computer to run (cant remember the bug check code)

    I originally blew this thing out a couple of months ago or so.  the fan used to really scream and it used to get extremely hot.,  I did this after I put a new hard drive in. then again about a month ago. After I shut the computer down tonight I will blow it out again.

    thank you for all the help

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=72040ac237b79dd5!135&authkey=!ADCqdbyO7gcwFrs&ithint=folder%2cdmp

    mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-17T12:18:13+00:00

    Mike

    0: kd> !irp fffffa8007553b80

    Irp is active with 13 stacks 10 is current (= 0xfffffa8007553ed8)

     No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000:  Irp stack trace.       cmd  flg cl Device   File     Completion-Context [  0, 0]   0  0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000   

                  Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 [  0, 0]   0  0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000   

                         <snipped> 

                  Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000>[ 16, 2]   0 e0 fffffa800b4ea8b0 00000000 fffff880067ce68c-00000000 Success Error Cancel       \Driver\usbccgp STREAM!SCDevWakeCompletionRoutine

                  Args: 00000000 00000001 00000001 00000000

     [ 16, 2]   0  1 fffffa800b40d050 00000000 00000000-00000000    pending          Unable to load image snp2uvc.sys, Win32 error 0n2

    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snp2uvc.sys

    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snp2uvc.sys \Driver\SNP2UVC

                  Args: 00000000 00000001 00000001 00000000 [ 16, 2]   0 e1 fffffa800b536060 00000000 fffff80003c6f0d0-fffffa800f794d40 Success Error Cancel pending

           \Driver\ksthunk     nt!IopUnloadSafeCompletion

    Args: 00000000 00000001 00000001 00000000 [  0, 0]   0  0 00000000 00000000 00000000-fffffa800a6918f0   

                  Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

    snp2uvc.sys = UVC Camera Streaming Driver from Sonix Technology.

    You need to update or remove this driver.

    https://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G73Jw/HelpDesk_Download/

    Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items.

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-19T03:56:04+00:00

    the problem when up daateing at asus I believe is different drivers are at different places

    I an currenly running driver update  5.8.55133.208

    driver 5.8.55133.208 is at

    http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=CAMERA&p=3&ft=28&os=30

    and driver 5.8.54000.206 is at

    https://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G73Jw/HelpDesk_Download/

    should I go back to the older driver or just eliminate the camera completely and look to reinstall it later ?  I don't use it even when I do it displays up side down any way

    I did run driver view and put it on one drive here is the link

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=72040AC237B79DD5!105&authkey=!AF20fohFcwNB\_uM&ithint=folder%2ctxt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-19T08:28:53+00:00

    Mike

    snp2uvc.sys = UVC Camera Streaming Driver from Sonix Technology.

    I don't use it even when I do it displays upside down any way

    The video captured by the ASUS Notebook's camera is upside down. How to resolve the issue?

    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/109836/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments