bsod kernal power failure bugcheck code 159

Anonymous
2015-05-16T16:40:34+00:00

Hope someone can help caught a blue screen this morning . I have a ASUS laptop Model g73jw.  this is the info from the crash Can Someone Please help

MIke

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date:          5/16/2015 10:03:18 AM

Event ID:      41

Task Category: (63)

Level:         Critical

Keywords:      (2)

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      mikes-pc

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

< Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

    <EventID>41</EventID>

    <Version>2</Version>

    <Level>1</Level>

    <Task>63</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-05-16T15:03:18.836807600Z" />

    <EventRecordID>419399</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>mikes-pc</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">159</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x3</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffffa800bfafa00</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff80000b9a518</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xfffffa80105cd3d0</Data>

    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

  </EventData>

< /Event>

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-07-13T11:02:56+00:00

Mike

Logitech M510 – Do you have the latest drivers?

http://support.logitech.com/product/wireless-mouse-m510#download

Testing to see if the Event 17 warnings stop may take a time judging by the frequency in which they are reported. Otherwise I think all that should be done is to wait and see if another blue screen error occurs. I do not think that reinstalling Windows is justified.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-07T19:11:46+00:00

    Hello Auggy-

    Just updated my driver like you suggested will run the computer over the next few days. to see if I catch another blue screen and will get back to you.  Thank you for the help

    MIke-

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-07T19:08:52+00:00

    Gerry-

    not sure if you have finished your investigation.  I was told to update my camera driver.  I did this today and am not sure if it will work yet as I have not run the computer after the fix.  I will do this today and over the next couple of days.  hope to hear from you soon. I did unmark that as the answer as I don't know if it is the answer yet.  not too sure how the answer box was checked.

    MIke

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-30T21:23:41+00:00

    Gerry-

    I apologize for not getting back sooner work was very busy at work  and I did not have much time this week. I did get the following done

    I ran adw again and I didn't come up with anything, it looks like all was removed

    I deleted the files that were highlighted in yellow from Autoruns

    You were right the malewarebytes is the free trial for premium

    I have uploaded the application and system log here is the link

    ttps://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=72040ac237b79dd5%21105

    I did catch the blue screen again same as before code 159

    thank you for all of the help so far.

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-30T12:31:50+00:00

    Hi,

    KB3054476 does not appear to be installed on the OP's system as the stream.sys appears to be at the original version.

    But yes, Microsoft drivers can sometimes be problematic.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments