bsod kernal power failure bugcheck code 159

Anonymous
2015-05-16T16:40:34+00:00

Hope someone can help caught a blue screen this morning . I have a ASUS laptop Model g73jw.  this is the info from the crash Can Someone Please help

MIke

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date:          5/16/2015 10:03:18 AM

Event ID:      41

Task Category: (63)

Level:         Critical

Keywords:      (2)

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      mikes-pc

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

< Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

    <EventID>41</EventID>

    <Version>2</Version>

    <Level>1</Level>

    <Task>63</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-05-16T15:03:18.836807600Z" />

    <EventRecordID>419399</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>mikes-pc</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">159</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x3</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffffa800bfafa00</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff80000b9a518</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xfffffa80105cd3d0</Data>

    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

  </EventData>

< /Event>

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-07-13T11:02:56+00:00

Mike

Logitech M510 – Do you have the latest drivers?

http://support.logitech.com/product/wireless-mouse-m510#download

Testing to see if the Event 17 warnings stop may take a time judging by the frequency in which they are reported. Otherwise I think all that should be done is to wait and see if another blue screen error occurs. I do not think that reinstalling Windows is justified.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-16T04:54:36+00:00

    the device is a Logitech cordless mouse

    speccy  has been downloaded

    when I ran the verifier all kinds of things started to happen there were 4 crashes  

    1st crash was a quick bluescreen even before I could sign on

    the 2nd was a black screen

    the 3rd and 4th was a blackscreen the a very quick blue screen

    I saved the only crash dump that was created I also included the speccy files for some of the crashes

    I also included the 2 files from the event viewer I tried to save before and after crashes not to sure if this helps or not.

    I had to go to safe mode to end the verifier

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=72040AC237B79DD5%21105

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-15T09:04:12+00:00

    Mike

    What device is in your PCI Express slot?

    Log Name:      System

    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger

    Date:          14/06/2015 23:21:52

    Event ID:      17

    Task Category: None

    Level:         Warning

    Keywords:     

    User:          LOCAL SERVICE

    Computer:      mikes-pc

    Description:

    A corrected hardware error has occurred.

    Component: PCI Express Root Port

    Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

    Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x3:0x0

    Vendor ID:Device ID: 0x8086:0xd138

    Class Code: 0x30400

    Warning            14/06/2015 23:21:52   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            14/06/2015 05:51:42   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            09/06/2015 23:14:15   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            07/06/2015 19:40:13   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            26/05/2015 01:37:53   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            03/05/2015 17:26:55   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            02/05/2015 23:31:24   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            14/04/2015 02:14:42   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            13/04/2015 01:32:07   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            12/04/2015 18:37:00   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Please download Speccy and upload a copy of the report it produces to OneDrive. It helps to obtain the report at a time when the system is under pressure and temperatures may be higher than normal:

    http://www.piriform.com/docs/speccy/using-speccy

    Please run Driver Verifier –Instructions in link below:

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows\_other-system/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

    Please upload any resulting dump files to your One Drive and post a link as they occur.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-14T23:26:42+00:00

    gave the dump file too

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-14T23:26:18+00:00

    MacAfee is still gone as far as I can tell.  The asdsm has been deleted this has given me big problems before I had to change a file name in order for the computer to stop blue screening on a different crash about 2 months ago.. I believe it was asdsm.sys to asdsm.old then the computer would run.  I gave it a little over 30 minutes and have provided the files like you asked.  Here is the link

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=72040ac237b79dd5%21105

    Thanks for the help

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments