bsod kernal power failure bugcheck code 159

Anonymous
2015-05-16T16:40:34+00:00

Hope someone can help caught a blue screen this morning . I have a ASUS laptop Model g73jw.  this is the info from the crash Can Someone Please help

MIke

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date:          5/16/2015 10:03:18 AM

Event ID:      41

Task Category: (63)

Level:         Critical

Keywords:      (2)

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      mikes-pc

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

< Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

    <EventID>41</EventID>

    <Version>2</Version>

    <Level>1</Level>

    <Task>63</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-05-16T15:03:18.836807600Z" />

    <EventRecordID>419399</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>mikes-pc</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">159</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x3</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffffa800bfafa00</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff80000b9a518</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xfffffa80105cd3d0</Data>

    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

  </EventData>

< /Event>

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-07-13T11:02:56+00:00

Mike

Logitech M510 – Do you have the latest drivers?

http://support.logitech.com/product/wireless-mouse-m510#download

Testing to see if the Event 17 warnings stop may take a time judging by the frequency in which they are reported. Otherwise I think all that should be done is to wait and see if another blue screen error occurs. I do not think that reinstalling Windows is justified.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-13T04:57:32+00:00

    Gerry-

    Logitech M510 is the model number I moved the receiver part of the wireless mouse to a port on the other side of the computer.  When I did it said it was installing device drivers.  Mouse works good.  I do have the regular laptop mouse that I can use if you need me to stop using the wireless one I do have a brand new wireless mouse I can use. It was a backup in case this one ever failed.

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-11T09:04:55+00:00

    Mike

    We need to address the problem with the device in PCI Express slot I raised with you on 15 June. The problem has not gone away!

    Log Name:      System

    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger

    Date:          11/07/2015 05:08:36

    Event ID:      17

    Level:         Warning

    Description:

    A corrected hardware error has occurred.

    Component: PCI Express Root Port

    Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

    Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x3:0x0

    Vendor ID:Device ID: 0x8086:0xd138

    Class Code: 0x30400

    Warning            11/07/2015 05:08:36   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            08/07/2015 04:35:34   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            06/07/2015 05:08:46   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            06/07/2015 00:13:33   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            23/06/2015 01:12:49   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            22/06/2015 03:23:19   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            21/06/2015 13:35:28   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            15/06/2015 22:00:46   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            15/06/2015 21:38:20   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            15/06/2015 21:09:06   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            15/06/2015 20:35:15   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            15/06/2015 16:31:04   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            14/06/2015 23:21:52   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            14/06/2015 05:51:42   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            09/06/2015 23:14:15   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            07/06/2015 19:40:13   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            26/05/2015 01:37:53   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            03/05/2015 17:26:55   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    Warning            02/05/2015 23:31:24   WHEA-Logger  17          None

    We need to determine whether the problem is the device, the lack of the right driver or the PCI Express slot. What model is the Logitech cordless mouse? Are you able to use a different mouse?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-11T05:34:55+00:00

    Gerry-

    ran computer more than 30 minuites. All 3 reports uploaded here is the link

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=72040AC237B79DD5!105&authkey=!AF20fohFcwNB\_uM&ithint=folder%2cevtx

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-10T11:31:08+00:00

    Mike

    Just a note in passing

    Not that I want to rain on this parade but you have been trying to fix this since at least May 16.  You simply may need to do a clean install to resolve the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments