I have already sent my report to Microsoft Connect (https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145); however, I cannot seemed to edit my report after I submitted it.
Windows Media Center EPG Data issues - UPDATE 7/27
Hi everyone:
I'm Jon, a Program Manager with Microsoft who works on servicing Windows Media Center. I want to share an update with you about the EPG issues some of you are experiencing.
Rovi is working with Microsoft directly on all Windows Media Center related issues. Our official path of support for WMC issues is to log a feedback report within the Microsoft Connect site (https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/Feedback). Microsoft will triage the problems there, and report any lineup or data accuracy related issues to Rovi you. Note that you will need to login to the Connect site and link your MS account with to it for the link above to work properly. You can also go to http://connect.microsoft.com, sign in there, and navigate to the "Media Center Program Guide Data Feedback Home" site.
There are a few problems with the data conversion that are known issues. We are working to resolve these as quickly as possible.
- **The issue regarding OTA channels not surfacing to the WMC guide is believed to be resolved.**Please run through your WMC setup (if necessary) and confirm if you now have the missing channels along with their corresponding guide data. If you continue to have issues please open a ticket with Microsoft in the Connect application. Microsoft will work directly with Rovi on any further issues you might be having.
- Series recordings problems. We believe we have identified the problem and Microsoft and Rovi are working towards the best solution. At this time we don’t have an estimate on when this will be fixed.
- Cable card lineups not displaying the HD channels. Microsoft and Rovi are working on a long term solution. In the meantime a work around has been implemented for customers with Cablevision/Optimum lineups and you should expect to receive the HD channels within 24-48 hours from 7/23.
We will continue to provide updates on this thread as they occur.
--Jon, MSFT
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2015-08-30T03:09:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-08-28T22:13:32+00:00 Hi Jon,
As 00pb00 has just mentioned, I followed your #1 and #3 instructions and Windows Media Center Guide listing is showing the synopsis for each of the programming. It is finally running back to normal.
-
Anonymous
2015-08-28T21:02:06+00:00 I've tried all of these "fixes" with absolutely not success. Previously, my EPG was working perfectly until this changeover of listing providers. Why fix something that wasn't broken??? I totally agree, why didn't Microsoft stay with what was working well, not some piece of **** listing provider with either no listings or inaccurate listings if you are fortunate to get anything at all.
Everytime I attempt to get the listing, the error in my event viewer always says "Error: PackageName is invalid". I can't understand how a tech company such as Microsoft can't figure out a solution to fix these problems, I'm losing confidence very quickly with them.
-
Anonymous
2015-08-28T17:13:18+00:00 Performing steps 1 and 3 seems to have fixed my problem of listing not updating. Thanks!
-
Anonymous
2015-08-28T17:02:55+00:00 A simpler fix is to return to what worked Zap2IT. Even though I get the guide, the guide is still pretty useless. Rovi does not keep track of all shows and whether a show is a repeat or not. It does with some but not with all. If you go to the Roviguide website you see the same garbage data. The problem is if you cannot tell WMC that something is a repeat b/c you get generic programming data versus specific episode data, then it will record everything because it does not know the show is old as dirt.
People are disgusted with Microsoft b/c Microsoft made the switch to Rovi when Zap2IT worked perfectly fine.