Windows Media Center EPG Data issues - UPDATE 7/27

Anonymous
2015-07-27T23:06:27+00:00

Hi everyone:

I'm Jon, a Program Manager with Microsoft who works on servicing Windows Media Center.  I want to share an update with you about the EPG issues some of you are experiencing.

Rovi is working with Microsoft directly on all Windows Media Center related issues.  Our official path of support for WMC issues is to log a feedback report within the Microsoft Connect site (https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/Feedback).  Microsoft will triage the problems there, and report any lineup or data accuracy related issues to Rovi you.  Note that you will need to login to the Connect site and link your MS account with to it for the link above to work properly.  You can also go to http://connect.microsoft.com, sign in there, and navigate to the "Media Center Program Guide Data Feedback Home" site.

There are a few problems with the data conversion that are known issues. We are working to resolve these as quickly as possible.

  1. **The issue regarding OTA channels not surfacing to the WMC guide is believed to be resolved.**Please run through your WMC setup (if necessary) and confirm if you now have the missing channels along with their corresponding guide data. If you continue to have issues please open a ticket with Microsoft in the Connect application. Microsoft will work directly with Rovi on any further issues you might be having.
  2. Series recordings problems. We believe we have identified the problem and Microsoft and Rovi are working towards the best solution. At this time we don’t have an estimate on when this will be fixed.
  3. Cable card lineups not displaying the HD channels. Microsoft and Rovi are working on a long term solution. In the meantime a work around has been implemented for customers with Cablevision/Optimum lineups and you should expect to receive the HD channels within 24-48 hours from 7/23.

We will continue to provide updates on this thread as they occur.

--Jon, MSFT

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-27T22:00:28+00:00

    I cannot talk too much in further details, for those people who found or how they got Windows Media Center to work for Windows 10 might run a little bit of a technical issue. We all know that Windows Media Center does not come with Windows 10. Other sources they had a solution in figuring out to keep Windows Media Center alive for Windows 10 users.

    There is good news and bad news:

    Good news:

    Windows Media Center will work for Windows 10.

    Bad news:

    TV Guide listings will not work for Windows Media Center for Windows 10 users. It only detect 1 tuner depending on your TV signal and the device. I am using an older Pinnacle Ultimate Stick model to connect to the computer. Unfortunately, I am not getting the OTA channels.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-13T02:26:58+00:00

    I do not know how people got Windows Media Center to work for Windows 10. They either found some source to look for the program and it works for them. Many of the people were very upset that Windows Media Center is not part of Windows 10. Previously for Windows 7 users, yes it works out perfectly, but it was having EPG data issues on and off.

    Windows 7 is still having EPG issues - I have several computers which have not been able to download the EPG listings since the middle of last year.  Get the same error messages as mentioned above and try the published methods to resolve, but nothing has worked so far.  Basically the guide seems stuck on the old Zap2it provider and won't update. 

    Jon - if you're reading this I'd be glad to provide screen shots, log files; etc to help get this fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-12T20:28:48+00:00

    I do not know how people got Windows Media Center to work for Windows 10. They either found some source to look for the program and it works for them. Many of the people were very upset that Windows Media Center is not part of Windows 10. Previously for Windows 7 users, yes it works out perfectly, but it was having EPG data issues on and off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-09T19:14:54+00:00

    Windows Media Center for Windows 7 is working fine for me.  Since Microsoft is not putting Media Center into Windows 10, I will not upgrade.  I use Media Center everyday for recording.  So if they do not want to put it into Windows 10, I will stay with Windows 7.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-03-07T09:48:54+00:00

    Hi Jon,

    I tried to follow your instructions for Windows Media Center and your instructions has failed. I tried numerous of times from changing the area code to task scheduler. When I did Task Scheduler, it resets back to the beginning. For Windows 10 users, the majority of the people have bought Windows Media Center and install it on their computer. So far, it is unsuccessful in getting the Guide Listings to work on Windows Media Center.

    Is there a way to fix this issue for Windows 10 users, I got the TV signal for all the channels in my area to work, but not the Guide Listings.  What is missing on Windows Media Center is About Guide Listings option where it reads the updates, the TV signals and the ID number.

    I do not think this problem affects people with Windows Media Center for Windows 7.

    I also reported this to Connect Feedback: https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/Feedback

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments