Uninstalled Norton (not personal settings) and got SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION after a normal start up. I was on the normal desktop and proceeded to open a google chrome webpage. Crashed after that.
Constant BSOD Errors
I believe I may have a faulty driver, but I need help on finding said driver and if I can fix it personally or not.
The other day I installed a new game (skyrim). Ever since, I've been getting BSOD's for different errors. I did not get one while playing the game. I got a few that were different than one another, but have been getting the same one recently. I'm posting this in Safe Mode.
The errors were in order:
- BAD_POOL_CALLER
- SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION (gotten this one a couple times in a row within minutes of computer running. Is the most recent)
- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (computer reverted back to before skyrim was installed after this one. I did not revert it myself. Happened automatically)
Please, help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm deployed and this is pretty much the only way I have of talking to family. Thank you!
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2015-04-28T00:28:54+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-04-27T00:40:49+00:00 As you can see below, there are only three instances in all the provided crash dumps, where the offending driver was named, two of which were the same driver.
I have a feeling that Norton is playing a role in these crashes because some of it's drivers were unloaded in a few of the crashes.
Uninstall Norton, at lest for troubleshooting purposes and turn on Windows Defender, then monitor the system for a while, to see if the crashes stop.
Norton Removal Tool.
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us
How to Turn Windows Defender On or Off in Windows 8 and 8.1.
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/21962-windows-defender-turn-off-windows-8-a.html
If the crashing continues, update or uninstall Hamachi Logmein, then navigate to the link below, to see if there is an update for, appexDrv.sys, **** AMD Quick Stream Technology - flow processing engine driver.
HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k022dx Sleekbook.
If all the steps above fail to rectify the issue, please run driver verifier (DV) per the instructions in the link below.
Note: Make sure to read and remember the steps to reset DV in the event of a crash, and post a link to the newly generated crash dump here.
Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. Co-Authored by ZigZag3143& JMH3143
Crash details....
BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe000040531e0, fffff801e7fa27c0, ffffe000059798a0}
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Hamdrv.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Hamdrv.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Hamdrv.sys
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp
Followup: MachineOwner
Loaded symbol image file: Hamdrv.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Hamdrv.sys
Image name: Hamdrv.sys
Timestamp: Wed Feb 26 13:57:24 2014 (530E3914)
Hamdrv.sys: http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=Hamdrv.sys
****************
Debug session time: Tue Apr 21 18:06:10.770 2015 (UTC - 4:00)
BugCheck 50, {ffffe00000000060, 0, fffff801a7674aeb, 2}
Could not read faulting driver name
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\appexDrv.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for appexDrv.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for appexDrv.sys
Probably caused by : appexDrv.sys ( appexDrv+10aeb )
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\appexDrv.sys
Image name: appexDrv.sys
Timestamp: Tue Jul 29 19:22:07 2014 (53D82C9F)
appexDrv.sys : http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=appexDrv.sys
Note: Updating to Windows 8.1 may very well resolve these issues, so you mighty want to keep that in mind.
-
Anonymous
2015-04-26T23:34:14+00:00 https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=BA908D345934CFAD&id=BA908D345934CFAD%21110
Here you are. I hope this is what you were looking for.
-
Anonymous
2015-04-26T23:18:45+00:00 To be able to troubleshoot what might be causing your system to crash, we need the dump files. In an ideal situation, more than one file would be needed to establish a pattern so if you do have more than one, please upload them.
Please refer to the link below for steps to retrieve, zip and upload them to the file sharing site like onedrive, google's "dropbox, etc.
When you are done, make the folder public and share the link here.
Blue Screen of Death Co-Authored by ZigZag3143& JMH3143