Constant BSOD Errors

Anonymous
2015-04-26T23:06:53+00:00

I believe I may have a faulty driver, but I need help on finding said driver and if I can fix it personally or not.

The other day I installed a new game (skyrim). Ever since, I've been getting BSOD's for different errors. I did not get one while playing the game. I got a few that were different than one another, but have been getting the same one recently. I'm posting this in Safe Mode.

The errors were in order:

  • BAD_POOL_CALLER
  • SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION (gotten this one a couple times in a row within minutes of computer running. Is the most recent)
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (computer reverted back to before skyrim was installed after this one. I did not revert it myself. Happened automatically)

Please, help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm deployed and this is pretty much the only way I have of talking to family. Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T06:06:01+00:00

    1: kd> !sysinfo machineid

    Machine ID Information [From Smbios 2.7, DMIVersion 39, Size=1591]

    BiosMajorRelease = 15

    BiosMinorRelease = 18

    FirmwareMajorRelease = 4

    FirmwareMinorRelease = 68

    BiosVendor = Insyde

    BiosVersion = F.12< currently installed

    BiosReleaseDate = 09/26/2013

    SystemManufacturer = Hewlett-Packard

    SystemProductName = HP ENVY TS m6 Sleekbook

    SystemFamily = 103C_5335KV G=N L=CON B=HP S=ENV

    SystemVersion = 0883100022305B00000320100

    SystemSKU = E0L06UA#ABA

    BaseBoardManufacturer = Hewlett-Packard

    BaseBoardProduct = 1995

    BaseBoardVersion = 04.44

    I've just noticed that there have been a few BIOS Revisions since F.12, including one that was (F.13)strongly recommended for you notebook by HP for Security reasons and has not been applied by you.

    The most current BIOS Revision is Ver:

    HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

    Version :

    F.15 A

    Language:

    English


    Details

    This package contains the WinFlash utility and a system BIOS image for the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. The WinFlash utility is used to locally flash the system BIOS (ROM) on notebooks operating in a Microsoft Windows environment.

    File name:sp69822.exe

    Release details

    Released: Dec 1, 2014

    Version F.15 A

    Fix and enhancements

    • Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables.

    NOTE: HP strongly recommends promptly transitioning to this updated BIOS version which supersede all previous releases.


    Source: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-TouchSmart-m6-k000-Sleekbook/5375391/model/5447423

    Please apply the Update, after making sure that I have the correct system linked, and we'll go from there

    BIOS Disclaimer


    Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T02:20:31+00:00

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BA908D345934CFAD!1040&authkey=!ADfqez-6u7eagZ0&ithint=file%2cdmp

    Same error as last dump I posted. Kmode

    I uninstalled the driver but for some reason catalyst stayed. Tried looking for methods to uninstall but none could be found.

    Here's the minidump to the crash after reinstall

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T00:56:19+00:00

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BA908D345934CFAD!1039&authkey=!AEGi0FQegs8fYTw&ithint=file%2cdmp

    1. Restarted normally
    2. Disabled AMD Fuel service immediately
    3. Pulled up google chrome webpage and things were going incredibly slower than normal
    4. BSOD with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED ERROR

    Going to go ahead and uninstall then reinstall the display driver like you stated but wanted to post this minidump to see if you could get any info. from it while I do this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T00:27:29+00:00

    And what do I do after I disable it?

    Wait and see if you are getting the same errors and if you are, reinstall your AMD Display driver without CCC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T00:23:41+00:00

    And what do I do after I disable it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments