It is indeed running a 8.1 OS which is why I'm confused as to why it's prohibiting me from updating
Constant BSOD Errors
I believe I may have a faulty driver, but I need help on finding said driver and if I can fix it personally or not.
The other day I installed a new game (skyrim). Ever since, I've been getting BSOD's for different errors. I did not get one while playing the game. I got a few that were different than one another, but have been getting the same one recently. I'm posting this in Safe Mode.
The errors were in order:
- BAD_POOL_CALLER
- SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION (gotten this one a couple times in a row within minutes of computer running. Is the most recent)
- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (computer reverted back to before skyrim was installed after this one. I did not revert it myself. Happened automatically)
Please, help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm deployed and this is pretty much the only way I have of talking to family. Thank you!
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2015-05-08T17:51:30+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-05-08T17:48:35+00:00 If your OS is not 8.1, edit accordingly.
Note: To see previous BIOS Versions, click the "previous versions" Tab
-
Anonymous
2015-05-08T17:20:40+00:00 These are the only options it's giving me.
-
Anonymous
2015-05-08T17:13:01+00:00 So go ahead and update BIOS with this link you provided?
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69822.exe
I just want to verify and make sure this is what you're saying before I do it
Like I said, make sure I have the correct system linked, before proceeding.
1: kd> !sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 2.7, DMIVersion 39, Size=1591]
BiosMajorRelease = 15
BiosMinorRelease = 18
FirmwareMajorRelease = 4
FirmwareMinorRelease = 68
BiosVendor = Insyde
BiosVersion = F.12< currently installed
BiosReleaseDate = 09/26/2013
SystemManufacturer = Hewlett-Packard
SystemProductName = HP ENVY TS m6 Sleekbook
SystemFamily = 103C_5335KV G=N L=CON B=HP S=ENV
SystemVersion = 0883100022305B00000320100
SystemSKU = E0L06UA#ABA
BaseBoardManufacturer = Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoardProduct = 1995
BaseBoardVersion = 04.44
Search, via SystemSKU = E0L06UA#ABA,
Once you have confirmed that I have the correct systemand OS linked, the answer to your question would be "yes"
-
Anonymous
2015-05-08T16:38:08+00:00 So go ahead and update BIOS with this link you provided?
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69822.exe
I just want to verify and make sure this is what you're saying before I do it