Constant BSOD Errors

Anonymous
2015-04-26T23:06:53+00:00

I believe I may have a faulty driver, but I need help on finding said driver and if I can fix it personally or not.

The other day I installed a new game (skyrim). Ever since, I've been getting BSOD's for different errors. I did not get one while playing the game. I got a few that were different than one another, but have been getting the same one recently. I'm posting this in Safe Mode.

The errors were in order:

  • BAD_POOL_CALLER
  • SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION (gotten this one a couple times in a row within minutes of computer running. Is the most recent)
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (computer reverted back to before skyrim was installed after this one. I did not revert it myself. Happened automatically)

Please, help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm deployed and this is pretty much the only way I have of talking to family. Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-12T01:09:16+00:00

    Download, install update and run a complete scan with Malwarebytes (free version).

    Malwarebytes.

    https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

    Note: decline, the "free trial" offer, just prior to launching Malwarebytes, if you are inclined to do so, but remember, accepting the offer, lauches the program in full mode and that includes real-time monitoring that may cause a conflict, if you already have another AV Product installed.

    Remove any and all found objects, reboot and repeat, until there are no further detections (if any).

    Next, download and run ADWCleaner.

    ADWCleaner.

    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-12T00:19:22+00:00

    I suddenly began getting BSOD errors.  checked this and other forums and saw a lot of contradictory information none of which seemed to support one clear cause or therefore one fix.

    I decided it had to be a bug in the new win 8.1 updates so I decided to roll back to my last restore point.  Lo and behold the blue screens ceased.  So certainly in my case it was not hardware or driver related.  My drivers are checked regularly and were all up to date and I did a check on all my hard drives.  My system has always been rock solid to software seemed like the most likely source of the issue and it seems it was.

    Good luck to all of you with this issue.  Microsoft how about checking it out.  I would certainly like to get back to installing updates but am reluctant to do so at the moment and your primary recommendation is to install updates....not in this case it seems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-10T23:28:09+00:00

    Bumping. Assistance still needed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T23:42:35+00:00

    Updated to Version 15 and got a BAD_POOL_CALLER Blue screen

    Here is the dump file

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BA908D345934CFAD!1042&authkey=!AHXgnYRXufO1H-c&ithint=file%2cdmp

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T22:24:24+00:00

    My computer notifies me when I try to run the BIOS updater, that there is something wrong with my Local

    Disk (Z:)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments