What is this bleeding/images?

Anonymous
2015-06-06T02:59:29+00:00

So, within the last week or two I've had what I can only describe as "bleeding" going on on my computer. I will try to attach a pic to show you. Anyway, it seems to be emotes that are showing. Like the kind you can use on FB. But yeah, it will suddenly out of nowhere appear over photos, videos, my desktop, the top and bottom bars of Firefox, etc. It usually goes away with a refresh. That's if it's bleeding on Firefox. But it it bleeds on my desktop I usually need to restart my comp in order to get it to go away. And it does. Anyway idea what this could be?

I have Windows 7 Home Premium

HP Pavilion dv6815nr Entertainment Notebook PC (if you wanna look up the specs)

I have about 70% of space still available. Haven't downloaded anything in years, and the updates are up to date. Use an antivirus software, and also check for spam and junk like that regularly. I'm at a loss. Would love to hear some suggestions.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-12T11:06:39+00:00

    Thanks for everything! I did the scan but didn't have it clean anything up until I showed you the results. I periodically use this program already. As well as HijackThis and a few others. AVG is the program I use for Virus protection and whatnot.

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1C6489B5E1005EBB!114&authkey=!AItnwIuDgPLytpE&ithint=file%2ctxt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-12T12:41:43+00:00

    Log Name:      System

    Source:        Service Control Manager

    Date:          11/06/2015 03:37:28

    Event ID:      7003

    Level:         Error

    Description:

    The IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service depends the following service: BFE. This service might not be installed.

    Looking again at your System Information file it appears that the Base Filtering Engine and the Windows Firewall services are missing. The next link contains suggestions on how to restore these services:

    http://www.hageltech.com/blog/2012/02/07/base-filtering-engine-problems.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-12T13:17:56+00:00

    I disabled my Windows Firewall when I first got the computer years ago. It was a real pain in the *ss plus I was using another program that did the same thing but wasn't such a pain. Anyway, do I really need to repair/restore that? I mean, is that really what may be causing me this strange bleed-through thing? I'm thinking not. Especially since everything has been fine up until about 2 weeks ago when this started.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-12T13:25:43+00:00

    What firewall are you using?

    Windows Firewall does not show as disabled! It is missing. The error message in my last message refers to the Base Filtering Engine service, which is required not only for the Windows Firewall, but also other services.

    Log Name:      System

    Source:        Service Control Manager

    Date:          11/06/2015 03:37:42

    Event ID:      7003

    Level:         Error

    Description:

    The IPsec Policy Agent service depends the following service: BFE. This service might not be installed.

    Please post an image showing this strange bleed-through thing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-06-12T13:32:42+00:00

    Go back throughout the thread to see the images. This is why I initially started this thread. I thought all this time you were helping with getting down to the bottom of THAT issue. LOL

    Currently not using a Firewall right now. I do have AVG, however. Just the Firewall portion is disabled.

    Here's an example.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments