What is this bleeding/images?

Anonymous
2015-06-06T02:59:29+00:00

So, within the last week or two I've had what I can only describe as "bleeding" going on on my computer. I will try to attach a pic to show you. Anyway, it seems to be emotes that are showing. Like the kind you can use on FB. But yeah, it will suddenly out of nowhere appear over photos, videos, my desktop, the top and bottom bars of Firefox, etc. It usually goes away with a refresh. That's if it's bleeding on Firefox. But it it bleeds on my desktop I usually need to restart my comp in order to get it to go away. And it does. Anyway idea what this could be?

I have Windows 7 Home Premium

HP Pavilion dv6815nr Entertainment Notebook PC (if you wanna look up the specs)

I have about 70% of space still available. Haven't downloaded anything in years, and the updates are up to date. Use an antivirus software, and also check for spam and junk like that regularly. I'm at a loss. Would love to hear some suggestions.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-12T14:55:39+00:00

    Well........just uninstalled and reinstalled it. Guess we'll see.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-15T13:30:52+00:00

    Just a quick update.......I did uninstall and reinstall Firefox and yet I still seemed to be having the same issue. Not as bad but it was still there.

    Then, I noticed the emoticons on FB were missing when I'd try to click on them. Now, when the bleed through first started happening, I noticed for some strange reason it seemed to be a bleed through of emotes (i.e., smiley faces, etc). Anyway, long story short......I was looking around online for a fix for the missing emotes and came across some suggestions and tried them and so far, knock on wood, it hasn't happened again since. So, I'm guessing it did have something to do with FB/Firefox afterall.

    The fix had me simply do the following:

    Fix for Firefox:

    Click Top Right 3 Little Bars To Open Menu on Firefox -> Click Options -> Advanced -> General tab, Browsing section, Uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available" -> OK

    Click Top Right 3 Little Bars To Open Menu on Firefox -> Help (question mark at bottom) -> Restart with Add-ons Disabled -> Restart -> Restart in Safe Mode. Close and reopen Firefox.

    Once I opened it again I did enable a few of the Add-Ons again like the background color one I had. I've also had a few Windows Updates since then. So, something seemed to have fixed the issue and all seems ok now. Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions. Hopefully things stay ok. If not, I'll be back. LOL

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-15T14:35:24+00:00

    Helpful info - I didn't have anything more to add after Gerry took the reins, but I continued to watch your progress.  Perhaps come back anyway in a week or so to confirm your efforts have fixed the problem.

    Best - Ric.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-15T16:58:23+00:00

    Thanks for the update. Let's hope you have no further problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments