What is this bleeding/images?

Anonymous
2015-06-06T02:59:29+00:00

So, within the last week or two I've had what I can only describe as "bleeding" going on on my computer. I will try to attach a pic to show you. Anyway, it seems to be emotes that are showing. Like the kind you can use on FB. But yeah, it will suddenly out of nowhere appear over photos, videos, my desktop, the top and bottom bars of Firefox, etc. It usually goes away with a refresh. That's if it's bleeding on Firefox. But it it bleeds on my desktop I usually need to restart my comp in order to get it to go away. And it does. Anyway idea what this could be?

I have Windows 7 Home Premium

HP Pavilion dv6815nr Entertainment Notebook PC (if you wanna look up the specs)

I have about 70% of space still available. Haven't downloaded anything in years, and the updates are up to date. Use an antivirus software, and also check for spam and junk like that regularly. I'm at a loss. Would love to hear some suggestions.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-09T14:31:29+00:00

    That's a hardware problem which I have seen before.  If your laptop video uses shared RAM I recommend running a RAM Test.  Also check whether it's overheating.   The video cable can sometimes cause patterns like that, and though I suspect not in your case, it wouldn't hurt to connect an external monitor and see if it shows the same problem to narrow it.  I've serviced a few desktops over the years with that problem with motherboard video and the only fix was a replacement motherboard or adding a separate video card (not doable, of course, on a laptop).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-09T14:13:41+00:00

    And still it continues. Tried all suggestion from above at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-07T15:36:05+00:00

    Look....doing it again.....see how it imbeds BEHIND my files and folders on the desktop seemingly into/onto the desktop photo?

    Then this is kinda what it does if I'm on Firefox. It will do that over various buttons, words, photos, videos, etc. It's all just random.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-07T15:28:32+00:00

    No, not saying I don't wanna try. I've tried the suggestion thus far, but for the Clean Boot. I'm waiting for it to happen again then I will go through the motions of trying that.

    Already cleared the cache. I do that every day.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-06-07T15:16:42+00:00

    If you think is the problem is caused by Firefox clear its cache.  Maybe look in the Event Log for clues but I doubt that this problem records any events.  Remote chance but this might also be the video adapter going bad.  Otherwise if you don't want to try suggested troubleshooting steps there is not much we can do to help.

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments