What is this bleeding/images?

Anonymous
2015-06-06T02:59:29+00:00

So, within the last week or two I've had what I can only describe as "bleeding" going on on my computer. I will try to attach a pic to show you. Anyway, it seems to be emotes that are showing. Like the kind you can use on FB. But yeah, it will suddenly out of nowhere appear over photos, videos, my desktop, the top and bottom bars of Firefox, etc. It usually goes away with a refresh. That's if it's bleeding on Firefox. But it it bleeds on my desktop I usually need to restart my comp in order to get it to go away. And it does. Anyway idea what this could be?

I have Windows 7 Home Premium

HP Pavilion dv6815nr Entertainment Notebook PC (if you wanna look up the specs)

I have about 70% of space still available. Haven't downloaded anything in years, and the updates are up to date. Use an antivirus software, and also check for spam and junk like that regularly. I'm at a loss. Would love to hear some suggestions.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-10T22:03:53+00:00

    Was able to uninstall but when I checked for updates, it did not show up. Not even in Optional. I even restarted my comp and tried again and still nothing. It's just not there.

    As for the sfc, said it found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-10T21:18:02+00:00

    Select Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features, View installed updates. Right click on KB3022345 and select Uninstall.

    Select Start, Control Panel, Windows Update, Check for updates. Right click on KB3022345 and select Hide this Update. You may need to select optional update is available to see KB3022345.

    Please run System File Checker and say if it cannot fix corrupted files. Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click Command Prompt, and click Run as administrator from the drop down menu.. Type *cd* and press ENTER. Type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes and press the ENTER key. When it completes type exit, press the ENTER key and restart the computer. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-10T19:25:40+00:00

    Ok........redid the scan, then searched for that file again. This time it had stuff on it. Here ya go:

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1C6489B5E1005EBB!108&authkey=!AF0PG0l9oEur9lw&ithint=file%2ctxt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-10T19:15:14+00:00

    Nevermind.....I found it on my desktop. Didn't know it would put it there. LOL I found out from searching around the Internet. Anyway, it's blank, like I said. Now what?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-06-10T18:59:45+00:00

    I must be doing something wrong. I put in the search like you said, and am getting nothing. I took out the spaces and also tried it with the spaces and nothing seems to be happening. So I searched for the "sfcdetails.txt" file and found it but it's blank.

    Is that what you really need or do you need to see the cbs.log? I know where that it. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. TY!

    NOTE: I have since figured it out. PLEASE SEE BELOW!

    Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click Command Prompt, and click Run as administratorfrom the drop down menu. Type **findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"**and press the ENTER key.

    Please note there are three spaces in the command: Between findstr and /c, Between [SR]" and**%windir**Between CBS.log and >"%userprofile

    Please upload a copy of your sfcdetails.txt file to your OneDrive as a shared file and post a link here. Enter sfcdetails.txt in the Search box above the Start button and press the ENTER key to locate the file created.

    Note The Sfcdetails.txt file contains details from every time that the System File Checker tool has been run on the computer. The file includes information about files that were not repaired by the System File Checker tool. Verify the date and time entries to determine the problem files that were found the last time that you ran the System File Checker tool.

    For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

    http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments