What is this bleeding/images?

Anonymous
2015-06-06T02:59:29+00:00

So, within the last week or two I've had what I can only describe as "bleeding" going on on my computer. I will try to attach a pic to show you. Anyway, it seems to be emotes that are showing. Like the kind you can use on FB. But yeah, it will suddenly out of nowhere appear over photos, videos, my desktop, the top and bottom bars of Firefox, etc. It usually goes away with a refresh. That's if it's bleeding on Firefox. But it it bleeds on my desktop I usually need to restart my comp in order to get it to go away. And it does. Anyway idea what this could be?

I have Windows 7 Home Premium

HP Pavilion dv6815nr Entertainment Notebook PC (if you wanna look up the specs)

I have about 70% of space still available. Haven't downloaded anything in years, and the updates are up to date. Use an antivirus software, and also check for spam and junk like that regularly. I'm at a loss. Would love to hear some suggestions.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-12T14:07:54+00:00

    I fixed the BFE issue. That and my Firewall are restored.

    The background is part of the "Themes" you can get off of Windows website. I only use the ones THEY put out.

    That's why it's changed. It periodically changes the background on it's own.

    As for Firefox, the other day when I tried opening it it said it had to "Refresh" because it noticed it had been running slowly or was slow to open. It pretty much wiped everything out and put me back to basics. But it did save my favorites and stuff like that. Anyway, I guess that can't really be considered a fresh install. Maybe I'll have to try that next. But I don't want to lose my favorites and stuff like that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-12T13:52:27+00:00

    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-12T13:49:45+00:00

    You replied before I completed editing my last message. You need to address the Base Filter Engine issue.

    Where did you get the desktop background from? The image has changed since your first post.

    When you refer to bleed through are you referring to the top third of the screen? Do you see a similar effect if you change the desktop background?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-12T13:46:55+00:00

    And this just happened (below). It seems to happen over graphics. But NOT always. But usually it does it over a photo or certain graphic buttons on like FB and stuff like that. Then, if I refresh it it usually goes away. Once in a while I actually have to close Firefox then start it again to make it go away. And if it happens on my desktop background like shown above, all I need to do to get rid of it is right click my desktop and select "Next desktop background" and it goes away. BUT, I need to mention that it has NEVER just appeared on my desktop UNLESS and UNTIL I open Firefox. I can work hours on my computer just writing or doing things with files and photos and nothing happens. But as soon as I open Firefox almost always this eventually happens.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-06-12T13:32:42+00:00

    Go back throughout the thread to see the images. This is why I initially started this thread. I thought all this time you were helping with getting down to the bottom of THAT issue. LOL

    Currently not using a Firewall right now. I do have AVG, however. Just the Firewall portion is disabled.

    Here's an example.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments