Please download and run ADWCleaner and upload a copy of the report produced to your OneDrive. Remove all that it finds. :
What is this bleeding/images?
So, within the last week or two I've had what I can only describe as "bleeding" going on on my computer. I will try to attach a pic to show you. Anyway, it seems to be emotes that are showing. Like the kind you can use on FB. But yeah, it will suddenly out of nowhere appear over photos, videos, my desktop, the top and bottom bars of Firefox, etc. It usually goes away with a refresh. That's if it's bleeding on Firefox. But it it bleeds on my desktop I usually need to restart my comp in order to get it to go away. And it does. Anyway idea what this could be?
I have Windows 7 Home Premium
HP Pavilion dv6815nr Entertainment Notebook PC (if you wanna look up the specs)
I have about 70% of space still available. Haven't downloaded anything in years, and the updates are up to date. Use an antivirus software, and also check for spam and junk like that regularly. I'm at a loss. Would love to hear some suggestions.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-06-12T10:32:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-06-11T20:05:06+00:00 Malwarebytes is the FREE version.
I downloaded and ran TDSSKiller and it found NO THREATS.
The SFC said: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
And here is the sfcdetails.txt: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1C6489B5E1005EBB!113&authkey=!AIH-8tGjyIAEWo4&ithint=file%2ctxt
-
Anonymous
2015-06-11T18:59:03+00:00 Is your installed copy of Malwarebytes the Free or Pro (Premium) version?
Please download and run TDSSKiller:
http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/TDSSKiller
Please let me know what it finds?
Select Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features, View installed updates. Right click on KB3068708 and select Uninstall.
Select Start, Control Panel, Windows Update, Check for updates. Right click on KB3068708 and select Hide this Update. You may need to select optional update is available to see KB3068708.
column.
Please run System File Checker and say if it cannot fix corrupted files. Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click Command Prompt, and click Run as administrator from the drop down menu.. Type *cd* and press ENTER. Type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes and press the ENTER key. When it completes type exit, press the ENTER key and restart the computer. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click Command Prompt, and click Run as administrator from the drop down menu. Type
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
and press the ENTER key.
Please note there are three spaces in the command:
Between findstr and /c,
Between [SR]" and**%windir**Between CBS.log and >"%userprofile
Please upload a copy of your sfcdetails.txt file to your OneDrive as a shared file and post a link here. Enter sfcdetails.txt in the Search box above the Start button and press the ENTER key to locate the file created.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2015-06-11T02:38:47+00:00 Ok, hope I got all this correct. I did wait the 30 min and everything was obtained in normal mode.
Application Log
SFC Details
System Information
System Log