Photo Gallery and Windows 10

Anonymous
2015-08-14T13:51:58+00:00

Have any users - who use Photo Gallery (part of Windows Essentials 2012), preferably on Win 7 - upgraded to Win 10?    Have you checked out whether Photo Gallery, including all the tags you've attached to your media, continues to operate seamlessly on your machine after the Win 10 Upgrade.   Any problems at all?

How about Movie Maker?   I note Microsoft provides contradictory information about compatibility of Movie Maker and Window 10 - see the following:

  1. They are NOT compatible according to:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/movie-maker-is-not-available-in-windows-10

2) They ARE compatible according to:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Name=Movie%20Maker&vendor=Microsoft&Locale=1033%2C2057%2C3081%2C4105%2C16393&ModelOrVersion=16&BreadCrumbPath=movie%20maker%20version%2016&LastSearchTerm=movie%2Bmaker%2Bversion%2B16&Type=Software&tempOsid=Windows%2010

What can a user do but ask other for their real world experience!

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-02T19:13:20+00:00

    I called my computer person and he said it will be $50 to take it off and he said if I get off of it go back on it as soon as possible because it will be the last windows (don't know what he means by that).  I too can't import pictures because it tells me "something happened, try again".  I tried 6 times and still nothing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-02T21:40:19+00:00

    I called my computer person and he said it will be $50 to take it off and he said if I get off of it go back on it as soon as possible because it will be the last windows (don't know what he means by that).  I too can't import pictures because it tells me "something happened, try again".  I tried 6 times and still nothing.

    I am having the same problem since the month of September started. The month of August worked ok after some time. What a mess Microsoft has created with there photo system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-03T09:18:32+00:00

    AFTER READDING UP ON WINDOWS 10 APPARENTLY PHOTO GALLERY IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 10 AND MINE DISAPPEARED, PARTLY. IT IS NOT UNDER MY PROGRAMS ANYMORE.

    AND THEY REALLY MADE THE PHOTO "ENHANCER" CHEESY......

    Curious.  The following says Photo Gallery is compatible with Windows 10.

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Name=Windows%20Live%20Essentials%20Photo%20Gallery&vendor=Microsoft&Locale=1033%2C2057%2C3081%2C4105%2C16393&ModelOrVersion=14&BreadCrumbPath=windows%20live%20essentials%20photo%20gallery&LastSearchTerm=windows%2Blive%2Bessentials%2Bphoto%2Bgallery&Type=Software&tempOsid=Windows%2010

    A friend had Photo Gallery on a Win 7 machine, upgraded to Win 10, and reports it is still there and seems to be functioning normally.

    Please post links to any reliable source that says Photo Gallery is NOT compatible with Win 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-04T22:43:43+00:00

    I followed your link and got this message:

    Run now

    We're sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft Fix it at this time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-09-07T21:39:54+00:00

    I also can`t download from memory card to windows 10.

    I just spoke with tech support from H.P. and they said that there will be a windows 10 update from microsoft which will fix this problem.

    It is very frustrating but It seems like there will be a fix soon.

    Patience, Patience, Patience. is strongly recommended.

    Artie

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments