I downloaded Windows 10 on July 28. I have had nothing but problems . Between 2 and 12 duplicates of many photos. Any duplicate deleted will delete all copies and leave a non removable and non available photo entry. Also renaming or renumbering a photo will make it no longer available. Does not effect photos after August. I had about 70,000 photos with windows XP. When I went to Windows 7 pro, it reloaded to 107,000. At least I could delete the duplicates with no problem. When Windows 10 installed, I ended up with 307,000 photos. Today I have over 310,000 photos. Totally unmanageable. I do not recommend Windows 10 until they address this problem. I contacted customer service 8/12/2015 and was told it caused by a virus and after the virus was removed it would be resolved. Not happening! Be very careful. I have lost a lot of photos already. Any change to Collections, Pictures, or Photo Gallery is also done to the others. I will try to resolve this again but will probably return to Windows 7 pro next week.
Photo Gallery and Windows 10
Have any users - who use Photo Gallery (part of Windows Essentials 2012), preferably on Win 7 - upgraded to Win 10? Have you checked out whether Photo Gallery, including all the tags you've attached to your media, continues to operate seamlessly on your machine after the Win 10 Upgrade. Any problems at all?
How about Movie Maker? I note Microsoft provides contradictory information about compatibility of Movie Maker and Window 10 - see the following:
- They are NOT compatible according to:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/movie-maker-is-not-available-in-windows-10
2) They ARE compatible according to:
What can a user do but ask other for their real world experience!
Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2015-08-15T02:49:12+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-08-17T18:08:04+00:00 I don't know but I found the whole "Windows 10" experience bad, sure it's free but you wind up missing so much. I called and had them remove it, so I'm missing pics. etc. I'm glad I got rid of it.
-
Anonymous
2015-08-19T21:57:31+00:00 The problem I am having is inability to import from either memory card or I-phone. Supposedly, my photo gallery is incompatible with windows 10, but I don't know how to fix it!
-
Anonymous
2015-08-19T22:24:45+00:00 People - if replying to this thread, please be clear about whether you had Photo Gallery installed on your system and used it prior to upgrading to Win 10, or did you newly install photo gallery on Win 10 and then start using it.
-
Anonymous
2015-08-19T22:28:54+00:00 I downloaded Windows 10 on July 28. I have had nothing but problems . Between 2 and 12 duplicates of many photos. Any duplicate deleted will delete all copies and leave a non removable and non available photo entry. Also renaming or renumbering a photo will make it no longer available. Does not effect photos after August. I had about 70,000 photos with windows XP. When I went to Windows 7 pro, it reloaded to 107,000. At least I could delete the duplicates with no problem. When Windows 10 installed, I ended up with 307,000 photos. Today I have over 310,000 photos. Totally unmanageable. I do not recommend Windows 10 until they address this problem. I contacted customer service 8/12/2015 and was told it caused by a virus and after the virus was removed it would be resolved. Not happening! Be very careful. I have lost a lot of photos already. Any change to Collections, Pictures, or Photo Gallery is also done to the others. I will try to resolve this again but will probably return to Windows 7 pro next week.
I assume these "duplicates" are seen in the photo gallery, but the actual photo on your disk is not duplicate. I very much doubt that that the Win 10 upgrade touches you personal files, such as photos.