New MSN homepage not loading slideshows

Anonymous
2014-10-01T00:11:39+00:00

I am running windows 8 and was converted to the new MSN homepage. The page itself loads just fine. However, for articles that are slideshows, the main images do not show up. I can see the entire article page and even the thumbnails. The main picture screen remains blacked out. I can not click the thumbnails and there are no arrows to advance the show. I do not see that the page is waiting on any items to load. The box for the image loads, just remains blacked out with thumbnails on the bottom of the box.

I have tried open MSN on both IE10 and google chrome. 

As I've said, the page loads correctly, I can even go to the source of the article and view the slideshow on their webpage just fine. 

I have no problems with videos or text articles. I thought maybe it was pop- up blockers, etc. but turned them off and restarted with no luck.

Any ideas why only articles with slideshows do not work?

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-10-01T16:28:09+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft Community. Sorry to hear that slideshows of MSN Homepage not appearing correctly.

Sometimes websites don't look like you expect them. This might be caused by a compatibility problem between Internet Explorer and the site you're on.

Open the website in Compatibility View. Once you turn on Compatibility View, Internet Explorer will automatically show that site in Compatibility View each time you visit. You can turn it off by removing it from your compatibility list.

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-10

You can also refer to the following link.

Browser support and best experience for MSN.

https://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2999871/en-au?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-19T17:37:07+00:00

    I'm using Firefox 43, and I had the same problem.  This solution worked for me:  Download and install the UAControl add-on, then follow the very short instructions under 'Chosen Solution' on page https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1049982.  (There is also a link to download UAControl on this page.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments