Compatibility does not work. I have the same problem... IE 11, Windows 8.1 64bit.... Submitted this as a problem twice with no response... Guess Microsoft isn't serious about the new MSN..
Try Firefox. The only thing IE is good for is ... downloading Firefox.
"The only thing IE is good for is ... downloading Firefox." LOL
I think IE 64 bit version has enhanced security built-in. I tried to chang it in the advanced setting with no luck. BTW, my IE11 32-bit Windows 7 at my office works fine.
My Windows 7, 64-bit system has two versions of IE, one 32-bit and one 64-bit. The 64 bit has always had certain compatibility issues, with Java or Flash Player or Shockwave, so I used the 32-bit IE almost exclusively up until about a year-and-a-half ago
when I switched to Firefox.
For more than two years previously, I had been reading about fixes of the compatibility issues on the 64-bit IE being in the works, and I was hoping these fixes would materialize so I could switch to the 64-bit browser. But other issues prompted me to switch
to Firefox before that could happen.
Perhaps these compatibility issues still exist. I don't know. I do remember reading somewhere that the issues arose when using the IE 64-bit browser on 64-bit systems.
I am the OP and I don't know what MSN did, but I can see the slideshows again.
When I read this quoted post, I realized that this was my issue as I had ruled out other options.
I resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't see them.
This morning, I had a issue with MSN being not responsive and when I could get back on the homepage had changed.
More content was added in the form of headline only stories and I could view the slideshows in both IE and Chrome.
I am hoping that MSN did read of this issue and has - or at least is working on - this issue.
Thank you all for your ideas and tips!