Windows Update KB2952664 constantly failing on configure.

Anonymous
2015-06-05T12:51:27+00:00

Hello

For a long time I am fighting with update KB2952664 installation. First time when I ran in to the problems I just hid it as it was optional but now I need it to reserve my copy of Windows 10 (this update is required to run GWX tool which is now not working on my system).

As for the KB2952664 it is constantly failing on the configuration screen after the reboot with the error code 80044015. Windows is automatically reverting the changes than.

I have tried quite a few suggestions found on the internet (like SFC repair etc.) but without any luck. By the way, this update was failing even on a clean Windows 7 installation as I reinstalled my system not long ago and this was the only KB that I was unable to install so it seems that the problem is not related to any software or configuration change on my Windows.

Blow I zipped CBS log and windows update log:

CBS.log

http://1drv.ms/1AOsVgh

WindowsUpdate.log

http://1drv.ms/1AOsYsD

Is there anyone who can advice on this problem?

Is there a possibility to reserve a Windows 10 copy without GWX tools so I will not need to install this problematic KB?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-25T17:58:32+00:00

    You've marked my previous reply as ANSWER. Did AdwCleaner, JRT, MBAM and/or HitmanPro detect & remove  infections (i.e., PUPs; Trojans; Viruses) such that you were able to successfully install KB2952664 or...?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-26T05:59:20+00:00

    Sorry it was by mistake, I used phone to read your reply (missclick). I will be doing some tests today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-26T12:11:54+00:00

    Bear, I have a plan to swap a disk in my laptop and restore the OEM System from the Recovery CDs, than we will know it will help. To be honest I am not quite sure as this is a clean Windows install without any unnecessary software. This test will take some time and I will let you know about the results. Also I think cleaning the system from potential viruses will not help as the same error I received just after the windows installation. For now we are blindly trying to implement most common suggestions but my problem is very specific. The error is generated while the windows update installer is compiling aeinv.mof file. The questions is why it is failing only on my PC as this file is part of the KB package we are tying to install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-26T21:16:54+00:00

    As long as you format the hard-drive prior to doing the clean install of Windows using the Recovery disks that came with the computer-in-question, all should be well.

    Note: If the computer came with a Norton or McAfee free-trial preinstalled, it'll be installed again - but invalid now. You MUST (a) uninstall the free-trialware AND THEN (b) download run the appropriate removal tool [1][2] & reboot (c) BEFORE you install or attempt to install any updates AND BEFORE you install an anti-virus application (e.g., Microsoft Security Essentials - free).

    =======================================================

    [1] Norton Removal Tool

    [2] McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments