OK, will do that and get back with the results. I will probably have time for that test on Weekend.
Windows Update KB2952664 constantly failing on configure.
Hello
For a long time I am fighting with update KB2952664 installation. First time when I ran in to the problems I just hid it as it was optional but now I need it to reserve my copy of Windows 10 (this update is required to run GWX tool which is now not working on my system).
As for the KB2952664 it is constantly failing on the configuration screen after the reboot with the error code 80044015. Windows is automatically reverting the changes than.
I have tried quite a few suggestions found on the internet (like SFC repair etc.) but without any luck. By the way, this update was failing even on a clean Windows 7 installation as I reinstalled my system not long ago and this was the only KB that I was unable to install so it seems that the problem is not related to any software or configuration change on my Windows.
Blow I zipped CBS log and windows update log:
CBS.log
WindowsUpdate.log
Is there anyone who can advice on this problem?
Is there a possibility to reserve a Windows 10 copy without GWX tools so I will not need to install this problematic KB?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2015-07-27T17:08:13+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-07-27T21:10:21+00:00 Very good.
-
Anonymous
2015-08-01T10:08:03+00:00 Bear, thanks for you help, I managed to install windows 10 without KB2952664 using standalone tool without GWX.
No need to fight with this stubborn update than :-)
-
Anonymous
2015-08-01T16:43:53+00:00 Very good.
Download Windows 10 (Legit Product Key required!) "If you need to install or reinstall Windows 10, you can use the tools on this page to create your own installation media using either a USB flash drive or a DVD." [http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10](http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool "The media creation tool can be used to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC." [http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install](http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install)