Windows Update KB2952664 constantly failing on configure.

Anonymous
2015-06-05T12:51:27+00:00

Hello

For a long time I am fighting with update KB2952664 installation. First time when I ran in to the problems I just hid it as it was optional but now I need it to reserve my copy of Windows 10 (this update is required to run GWX tool which is now not working on my system).

As for the KB2952664 it is constantly failing on the configuration screen after the reboot with the error code 80044015. Windows is automatically reverting the changes than.

I have tried quite a few suggestions found on the internet (like SFC repair etc.) but without any luck. By the way, this update was failing even on a clean Windows 7 installation as I reinstalled my system not long ago and this was the only KB that I was unable to install so it seems that the problem is not related to any software or configuration change on my Windows.

Blow I zipped CBS log and windows update log:

CBS.log

http://1drv.ms/1AOsVgh

WindowsUpdate.log

http://1drv.ms/1AOsYsD

Is there anyone who can advice on this problem?

Is there a possibility to reserve a Windows 10 copy without GWX tools so I will not need to install this problematic KB?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-06T00:45:56+00:00

    Help us help you: Start by reading this "sticky" post...

        • What information to post in the Windows Update forum

           http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/1467f44b-ee27-4f7d-98d7-f1c4b35b3395

    Also see...

        • Suggestions for asking a question in help forums

           http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-06T05:46:05+00:00

    I am using 64 bit version Windows 7 Professional with SP1 installed.

    The problem occurred even on clean Windows (just after installation) without any applications. What I did than was just hiding the update as it was not needed. Now it is constantly failing with error code 80044015.

    Most common suggestion to this problem I found is to first uninstall KB2952664 and than install it again but I can not find this update installed on the list of updates therefore this solution  is not possible to implement. Also I have tried running SFC repair without any luck. 

    Now this update is not even visible for me to be installed in Windows Update so I am using the below standalone package which is always failing on configuration screen after reboot:

    windows6.1-kb2952664-v10-x64_6cb844c61ff4a77098ee895e0f2904d494ff5d24.msu

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-06T12:34:50+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for your update on the issue.

    In this case, I would suggest you to refer to the following thread from TechNet:

    KB2952664 repetitive fails with error code 80044015

    Hope this information is helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-06T15:52:14+00:00

    I have checked this thread before (and also all threads linked there). The DIM tool is showing for me errors with IE (as in the listing below) but uninstalling IE temporary did not solve the problem also.

    <br>================================= <br><br>Checking System Update Readiness. <br><br>Binary Version 6.1.7601.18741 <br><br>2015-06-06 17:03 <br><br> <br><br>Checking Windows Servicing Packages <br><br> <br><br>Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs <br><br>(f) CBS MUM Corrupt<br>0x00000000 servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~11.2.9412.0.mum<br>Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~neutral11.2.9412.0.mum does not match the actual file name <br><br>(f) CBS MUM Corrupt<br>0x00000000 servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~11.2.9412.0.mum<br>Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~neutral11.2.9412.0.mum does not match the actual file name <br><br> <br><br>Checking Package Watchlist <br><br> <br><br>Checking Component Watchlist <br><br> <br><br>Checking Packages <br><br> <br><br>Checking Component Store <br><br> <br><br>Summary: <br><br>Seconds executed: 451 <br><br> Found 2 errors <br><br>  CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 2 <br><br> <br><br>Unavailable repair files: <br><br>servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~11.2.9412.0.mum <br><br>servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~11.2.9412.0.mum <br><br>servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~11.2.9412.0.cat <br><br>servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~11.2.9412.0.cat

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-06-06T16:17:49+00:00

    I'm also having a similar kind of problem. The only thing is that I don't get an error code and Windows Update doesn't display the KB2952664 update. I tried re-installing it along with other updates to fix some issues with Get Windows 10 app.

    Is there any way to download the update manually or fix Windows Update? I tried resetting Windows Update components and Windows Update troubleshooter but no luck.

    Here is more information about my problem :-

    http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7cfa6b69-34f1-4ef1-8ece-2a03365568be

    I need help on this issue please!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments