It says Access Denied on opening the file.
And, my update didn't fail. I tried re-installing it along with other updates. Now when I recheck for Updates, every update other than that show up.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello
For a long time I am fighting with update KB2952664 installation. First time when I ran in to the problems I just hid it as it was optional but now I need it to reserve my copy of Windows 10 (this update is required to run GWX tool which is now not working on my system).
As for the KB2952664 it is constantly failing on the configuration screen after the reboot with the error code 80044015. Windows is automatically reverting the changes than.
I have tried quite a few suggestions found on the internet (like SFC repair etc.) but without any luck. By the way, this update was failing even on a clean Windows 7 installation as I reinstalled my system not long ago and this was the only KB that I was unable to install so it seems that the problem is not related to any software or configuration change on my Windows.
Blow I zipped CBS log and windows update log:
CBS.log
WindowsUpdate.log
Is there anyone who can advice on this problem?
Is there a possibility to reserve a Windows 10 copy without GWX tools so I will not need to install this problematic KB?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It says Access Denied on opening the file.
And, my update didn't fail. I tried re-installing it along with other updates. Now when I recheck for Updates, every update other than that show up.
You can find this log in "C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log". I have searched that file for the error code I am getting from Windows Update (80044015).
You can find your error code in "Control Panel > Windows Update > View update history". There will be an entry for KB2952664 with "Failed" status. When you click on it you will find the error code in the filed "Error Detials". Try to search for that code in the CBS.log and we will know if we are having the same problem.
How do I? I'm not a tech expert.
The only significant error I can find in my CBS log is as below, it may be some kind of WMI error.
@AnkanEkansh: Did you check your CBS log?
| ...<br><br><br><br><br><br>2015-06-06 18:48:12, Error CSI 00000001@2015/6/6:16:48:12.723 (F) Logged @2015/6/6:16:48:06.00 : [ml:94{47},l:92{46}]"MOF (install online) $(runtime.wbem)\aeinv.mof" <br><br>[gle=0x80004005] <br><br>2015-06-06 18:48:12, Error CSI 00000002@2015/6/6:16:48:12.723 (F) CMIADAPTER: Inner Error Message from AI HRESULT = 80044015 [Error,Facility=FACILITY_ITF,Code=16405 (0x4015)] <br><br> [ <br><br>[205]"Parsing MOF file: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\aeinv.mof <br><br> <br><br>C:\Windows\system32\wbem\aeinv.mof (81): error SYNTAX 0X80044015: Type mismatch. The value specified could not be coerced into the appropriate type <br><br> <br><br> <br><br> <br><br>" <br><br>] <br><br>[gle=0x80004005] <br><br>2015-06-06 18:48:12, Error CSI 00000003@2015/6/6:16:48:12.723 (F) CMIADAPTER: AI failed. HRESULT = 80044015 [Error,Facility=FACILITY_ITF,Code=16405 (0x4015)] <br><br>Element: <br><br>[81]"<mof xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3" name="$(runtime.wbem)\aeinv.mof" />" <br><br>[gle=0x80004005] <br><br>2015-06-06 18:48:12, Error CSI 0000001a@2015/6/6:16:48:12.723 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\cmiadapter\installers.cpp(352): Error 80044015 [Error,Facility=FACILITY_ITF,Code=16405 (0x4015)] originated in function Windows::WCP::CmiAdapter::CMIWrapperBasicInstaller::ResolveAndInvokeInstaller<br> expression: hr <br><br>[gle=0x80004005] <br><br>2015-06-06 18:48:13, Error CSI 00000004@2015/6/6:16:48:13.285 (F) CMIADAPTER: Exiting with HRESULT code = 80044015 [Error,Facility=FACILITY_ITF,Code=16405 (0x4015)]. <br><br>[gle=0x80004005] <br><br>2015-06-06 18:48:13, Error CSI 0000001b@2015/6/6:16:48:13.301 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\cmiadapter\installers.cpp(123): Error 80044015 [Error,Facility=FACILITY_ITF,Code=16405 (0x4015)] originated in function Windows::WCP::CmiAdapter::CMIWrapperBasicInstaller::Install<br> expression: hr <br><br>[gle=0x80004005]<br><br><br><br><br><br>... |
|---|
I'm also having a similar kind of problem. The only thing is that I don't get an error code and Windows Update doesn't display the KB2952664 update. I tried re-installing it along with other updates to fix some issues with Get Windows 10 app.
Is there any way to download the update manually or fix Windows Update? I tried resetting Windows Update components and Windows Update troubleshooter but no luck.
Here is more information about my problem :-
http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7cfa6b69-34f1-4ef1-8ece-2a03365568be
I need help on this issue please!