Windows Update KB2952664 constantly failing on configure.

Anonymous
2015-06-05T12:51:27+00:00

Hello

For a long time I am fighting with update KB2952664 installation. First time when I ran in to the problems I just hid it as it was optional but now I need it to reserve my copy of Windows 10 (this update is required to run GWX tool which is now not working on my system).

As for the KB2952664 it is constantly failing on the configuration screen after the reboot with the error code 80044015. Windows is automatically reverting the changes than.

I have tried quite a few suggestions found on the internet (like SFC repair etc.) but without any luck. By the way, this update was failing even on a clean Windows 7 installation as I reinstalled my system not long ago and this was the only KB that I was unable to install so it seems that the problem is not related to any software or configuration change on my Windows.

Blow I zipped CBS log and windows update log:

CBS.log

http://1drv.ms/1AOsVgh

WindowsUpdate.log

http://1drv.ms/1AOsYsD

Is there anyone who can advice on this problem?

Is there a possibility to reserve a Windows 10 copy without GWX tools so I will not need to install this problematic KB?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-06T20:40:53+00:00

    @AnkanEkansh: To avoid confusion & duplication of effort, please post any/all further follow-up in replies to your own, new thread => http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7cfa6b69-34f1-4ef1-8ece-2a03365568be

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-06T20:37:12+00:00

    I am using 64 bit version Windows 7 Professional with SP1 installed. The problem occurred even on clean Windows (just after installation) without any applications...KB2952664 is constantly failing...with the error code 80044015

    @0x7C00 only =>

    We'll need to "dig a little deeper" here. Please answer each of the following[admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply, preferably without quoting my post:

    1a. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

    1b. Did Win7 64-bit come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it, did you do a clean install of Win7, or did you upgrade the computer to Win7?

    1c. When (exact date, preferably) did you do the last clean install of Win7?

    1. What is the full name of your currently-installed anti-virus application or security suite and when (approx. date) does your current subscription expire? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender) are installed? What third-party firewall (if any)?
    2. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?
    3. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [PICK ONE] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

    5a. Is KB3049563, KB3045171, KB3048070, KB3046002, KB3023215, KB3032655, KB3055642, KB3045171, KB3051768 and/or KB3061518 (and possibly KB2990214) listed in Installed Updates (not Update History)? [1]

    5b. Is KB2952664 being offered via Windows Update or have you been attempting to install it manually?

    1. *Assuming Java is installed =>*Is Java Version 8 Update 45 (or higher) or Java Version 7 Update 79 (or higher) installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY! => http://java.com/en/download/uninstallapplet.jsp [2]
    2. Is Adobe Flash Player v17.0.0.188 (or higher) installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY! => http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ 

    8a. When (exact date) was Internet Explorer 11 installed according to Installed Updates?

    8b. What Update Version & KB number are displayed in the second line of text in IE11's Help | About [Alt+H+A] tab; e.g., Update Version: 11.0.99 (KB1231231) ?

    8c. Is Firefox, Chrome or any other alternate browser installed?

    1. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Registry Booster; McAfee QuickClean; Glary Utilities; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; PC Doctor; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Comodo System Cleaner; Advanced System Optimizer; CCleaner's Registry Cleanercomponent)?

    ==============================================

    [1] Start | Control Panel | Programs and Features | View installed updates (in left-hand menu)

    [2] No need to install Java if it's not already installed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-06T19:41:06+00:00

    says no such update is installed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-06T18:33:22+00:00

    Try to run this command from the Administrative CMD:

    wusa /uninstall /kb:2952664

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-06-06T18:28:35+00:00

    I checked the log file, it had no error code. WU is just unable to search for the update. I think either WU has been corrupted or the update was not uninstalled successfully.

    I tried running the troubleshooter, WU component reset and sfc but no issue is found.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments