Windows Update KB2952664 constantly failing on configure.

Anonymous
2015-06-05T12:51:27+00:00

Hello

For a long time I am fighting with update KB2952664 installation. First time when I ran in to the problems I just hid it as it was optional but now I need it to reserve my copy of Windows 10 (this update is required to run GWX tool which is now not working on my system).

As for the KB2952664 it is constantly failing on the configuration screen after the reboot with the error code 80044015. Windows is automatically reverting the changes than.

I have tried quite a few suggestions found on the internet (like SFC repair etc.) but without any luck. By the way, this update was failing even on a clean Windows 7 installation as I reinstalled my system not long ago and this was the only KB that I was unable to install so it seems that the problem is not related to any software or configuration change on my Windows.

Blow I zipped CBS log and windows update log:

CBS.log

http://1drv.ms/1AOsVgh

WindowsUpdate.log

http://1drv.ms/1AOsYsD

Is there anyone who can advice on this problem?

Is there a possibility to reserve a Windows 10 copy without GWX tools so I will not need to install this problematic KB?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-20T21:35:26+00:00

    KB3068708 04-06-2015

    KB3022345 06-05-2015

    Does 04-06-2015 mean April 6th, 2015 or 4 June 2015?

    Does 06-05-2015 mean June 5th, 2015 or 6 May 2015?

    Is KB3079904 listed in Installed Updates now?

    Has KB2952664 been successfully installed yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-20T20:56:23+00:00

    KB3068708 04-06-2015

    KB3022345 06-05-2015

    KB3065822 Installed

    KB3067903 Installed

    KB3069392 Installed

    KB3070102 InstalledKB3072630 Installed

    KB3072633 Installed

    KB3067505 Installed

    KB3077657 Installed

    KB3065987 Installed

    Java Version 8 Update 51

    Flash Version 18.0.0.209

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-18T22:09:33+00:00

    [You'll need to be much more timely with your replies if we're going to get anywhere here!]

    1. When (exact dates) were KB3068708 and KB3022345 installed according to Installed Updates?
    2. Is KB3065822, KBKB3067903, KB3069392, KB3070102, KB3072630, KB3072633, KB3067505 and/or KB3077657 KB3079904 listed in Installed Updates (notUpdate History) now?
    3. How about KB3065987?
    4. Is Java Version 8 Update 51 (or higher) installed now? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY! => http://java.com/en/download/uninstallapplet.jsp 
    5. Is Adobe Flash Player v18.0.0.209 (or higher) installed now? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY! => http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-18T10:19:09+00:00

    KB3068708 Installed

    KB3022345 Installed

    KB2952664 Is still failing on configuration, it showing as optional update. 

    Flash upgraded to Version 18.0.0.209.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-01T00:35:43+00:00

    KB3058515 Installed

    KB3033890 Installed

    KB3059317 Installed

    KB3057839 Installed

    KB3063858 Not Installed

    KB3035583 Installed

    KB2990214 Installed

    KB2952664 Indeed is now showing in Windows Update. I tried to install it with the same result: Fail on configuration after reboot.

    Answer-by- number (no more logs, please):

    1. Is KB3068708 and/or KB3022345 listed in Installed Updates?
    2. Is KB2952664 listed in Installed Updates now?
    3. Can you successfully upgrade to Flash Player v18.0.0.194 (or higher) by opening Internet Explorer ONLY! to this page? => http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash
    • BEWARE any pre-checked options to "drive-by" install unwanted, third-party software (e.g., Google Toolbar; Google Chrome)!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments