Latest Windows Update for Windows 7 - KB2923545, error Code 800703e6

Anonymous
2014-02-27T11:12:46+00:00

I have just attempted to download the latest Windows Update for Windows 7 - KB2923545 and get error code 80070e6.  i.e. even the download will not complete.

Any ideas for a fix please.

Chris.

Moved from Windows 7 Install, Upgrade and Activate Forum.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-10T23:38:03+00:00

    Chris

    Was it offered to you by Windows Update or did you go seeking it? It relates to Remote Desktop. Why did you think you needed it?

    If you failed to download it I do not see how this has any bearing on your problem of System File Checker not be able to fix corrupted files. That is far more important than not being able to install an update that you may not need.

    It was offered as an "important" update on Windows Update. I know cos I've been watching this thread in the hope of a clue as to why it won't install on my system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-10T23:46:01+00:00

    It was offered as an "important" update on Windows Update.

    That does not (NOT added as a late edit) mean the same applies for all systems! If you have opted to use Remote Desktop then it is reasonable to be offered updates relating to Remote Desktop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-11T00:00:04+00:00

    It was offered as an "important" update on Windows Update.

    That does mean the same applies for all systems! If you have opted to use Remote Desktop then it is reasonable to be offered updates relating to Remote Desktop.

    Never used remote desktop, don't even have the services enabled. But I'll butt out from interfering in the OP's thread, just wanted to point out it was offered via Windows Update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-11T08:32:08+00:00

    Please note I missed the  word not out of my first response to you. I have now edited the original message to show what I intended to say but failed to make clear. Your intervention brings out a point that needs to be remembered when considering problems with Windows Update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-11T09:08:32+00:00

    Thanks.  Like respondent "wkdpower" I did not go looking for this update, and do not use or have ever  used Remote Desktop.  It was offered by Windows Update.

    I agree I cannot see why this issue should have any bearing on System File Checker.

    I would like to hear from "wkdpower" what experience he/she had on this Windows Update

    Chris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments