Latest Windows Update for Windows 7 - KB2923545, error Code 800703e6

Anonymous
2014-02-27T11:12:46+00:00

I have just attempted to download the latest Windows Update for Windows 7 - KB2923545 and get error code 80070e6.  i.e. even the download will not complete.

Any ideas for a fix please.

Chris.

Moved from Windows 7 Install, Upgrade and Activate Forum.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-12T19:20:34+00:00

    Hi Gerry,

    Thanks.  The link took me to the Microsoft Download Centre and Windows asked whether I wanted to Save, Open or Save and Open.  I did the Save and Open.  The file was downloaded OK to my download folder and but would not install.  Got part way through and then hung so I had to cancel it.

    Of todays updates I have installed the non-Windows ones.  They all downloaded and installed OK.

    Chris.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-12T18:48:55+00:00

    Chris, posting this in case it helps you. I was unable to install all but one of todays updates either, with the same error I was getting previously, but ALSO with a second error code (80071A91). Searching for solutions to that second error code found the following suggested fix which WORKED for me and was able to successfully install all todays updates and the previous update we were both struggling with. May not work for you, as my issue was slightly different, but posting just in case and no harm is done by trying it:

    Reset the File System Resource Manager if you receive error 0x80071A91

    1.     Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator.

    2.     In the Command Prompt window you will need to type the following, and press ENTER:

    *fsutil resource setautoreset true C:*

    3. Note: You will need to replace the C:\ with the drive letter that Windows is installed on.

    4.     Restart your computer, and then attempt to install the failed update(s).

    Fingers crossed for you :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-11T20:55:49+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-11T20:39:41+00:00

    Hi Gerry,

    Yes.  Installed on 8/11/2012

    Chris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-11T12:38:32+00:00

    Chris

    Select Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features, View Installed Updates. Is KB2592687 listed as installed?

    KB2592687 gives you the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) 8.0 update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments