Hi Gerry, I cannot see anything of concern: Under Applications states "Download and Instal Updates" - running
Applications-Cannot see anything of concern
The attached CPU pic. is typical and the physical memory looks OK
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have just attempted to download the latest Windows Update for Windows 7 - KB2923545 and get error code 80070e6. i.e. even the download will not complete.
Any ideas for a fix please.
Chris.
Moved from Windows 7 Install, Upgrade and Activate Forum.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Gerry, I cannot see anything of concern: Under Applications states "Download and Instal Updates" - running
Applications-Cannot see anything of concern
The attached CPU pic. is typical and the physical memory looks OK
Hi Gerry,
Can you help. What am I actually looking for specifically within Task Manager.
Chris
Chris
Using Task Manager is there any indication of CPU directly related to windows update activity? Is there any free memory i.e. has the system became wholly reliant on virtual memory?
Hi, One and a half hours later "the updates are being installed" is still being displayed. i.e. the system has not hung on its own.
KB2923545 is not listed as an installed update
Chris
Chris
Got part way through and then hung so I had to cancel it.
Unfortunately cancelling the operation means that the report will indicate that it was cancelled and not that it failed to install. Can you try again and let it fail at a time when it does not inconvenience you. You may even find it installs as hangs are often solely an indication that the task takes longer than you expect it to. This has happened to me many times in the past.