Latest Windows Update for Windows 7 - KB2923545, error Code 800703e6

Anonymous
2014-02-27T11:12:46+00:00

I have just attempted to download the latest Windows Update for Windows 7 - KB2923545 and get error code 80070e6.  i.e. even the download will not complete.

Any ideas for a fix please.

Chris.

Moved from Windows 7 Install, Upgrade and Activate Forum.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-18T12:30:54+00:00

    To whom it may concern!

    gerry was a gem

    chris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-18T12:17:35+00:00

    Chris

    Well done. When you persevere it and succeed you get that extra bit of pleasure in knowing that you can do it <G>.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-18T11:50:57+00:00

    Hello Gerry,

    Well I am there at last.  I received your last post after I had started the recovery process.

    I had a little difficulty in loading in the System Disc, in fact I was not successful.  Slightly less trouble with the various recovery options.

    I therefore managed to load in a one of my earliest system images and slowly built it up from all of the many Windows Updates that there were.  Over 120.  But they all loaded successfully, including all Remote Desktop Support updates.

    At various stages I was also running the System Scan without it finding any scanning violations.

    A system image and a further backup image is now about to be made

    But in summary I am now back with a system with all updates and no errors (I always was taught to say "no known errors"!!

    Gerry I would like to say a GREAT THANK YOU for all of your patience and help that you gave to me

    I learnt a great deal.  Particularly the scanning and the logs, although I could not interpret the logs.

    Also a thank you to WKDPOWER.  It was reassuring to know that I was not the only one.

    Thanks again guys.

    Chris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-15T06:54:01+00:00

    Chris

    Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key (alternative is Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information). Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload to your OneDrive (formerly Sky Drive), share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.

    Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your OneDrive and post a link here.

    To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window expand Windows Logs and select System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

    For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

    http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-14T10:02:21+00:00

    Hi,  In reply to "wkdpower" input.  Yes I have now tried.  The message said 'completed successfully' but now files will not start to download.   Don't worry as I appreciate the input and I will do a complete clean install and let you know how I get on

    Chris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments